Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can Samurai culture be used in Car Design? 2017/4/22 23:31
I'm a design student trying to correlate Samurai culture with modern Japanese Automotive design, and I'm trying to incorporate traditional cultural aesthetics into Automotive design for a futuristic looking vehicle.

Any insights into what people think about tradition nowadays and if it could be used as a philosophy in Car design would be helpful...!
by AdityaS  

Re: Can Samurai culture be used in Car Design? 2017/4/23 11:20
Many Japanese people have little interest in samurai and ninja like foreigners.
Therefore, using it for car design, the possibility of Japanese liking is low.
Interior decorations using makie are used for steering, etc., so there may be a little demand for such things.
For overseas exports, there may be more demand.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Can Samurai culture be used in Car Design? 2017/4/24 02:28
Samurai culture is indeed incorporated in automotive design in Japan and are popular among those we call "yankii." But I'm just curious. Are you trying to have us do your homework for you?
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Can Samurai culture be used in Car Design? 2017/4/25 10:17
Wish I was working on a project like this... it would be easy for me.. motorcycles riders has done this, normally focus only on the back part of the motorcycles incorporating only the Samurai sword design without having/ or adding a the sword.

You might have to do light add-on onto your car. but if your talking about decal sticker you should check out how other design their car in that of theme.

here some link below
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9c/b2/5f/9cb25f4f927025d6e76b0cb9fae7a1bd.jpg

http://www.shutupandtakemyyen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Samurai-S...

by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can Samurai culture be used in Car Design? 2017/4/25 13:00
Of course you can as long as it's your own car so no one will react and you want it so go for it.
by Sololomon rate this post as useful

Re: Can Samurai culture be used in Car Design? 2017/5/2 23:24
well for me it's a good idea just don't steal the design and everything is okay. As for me, we need to retain the culture that came before we exist. So the next generations will always remember that this design is based on some countries history.
by Kizuke rate this post as useful

reply to this thread