Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Festival Shibazakura 2017/4/23 15:49
We bought the JR pass for 14 days from Malaysia. Can you advise how I would be able to travel from Tokyo to the Shibazakura Festival for a day trip?
by Joanna Cheh (guest)  

Re: Festival Shibazakura 2017/4/23 19:19
I assume you mean the Fuji Shibazakura festival.
If you want to use JR Pass as much as possible, from Tokyo it will be either:

- Shinjuku - Otsuki via JR Chuo Line (covered by JR Pass), then change to Fujikyu Railway to Kawaguchiko (not covered), then take the bus (as described under "By Shibazakura Liner shuttle bus" on the following page)
- Tokyo - Shin-fuji via JR Tokaido Shinkansen (covered by JR Pass), then take a regular bus from there (as described under "By regular bus").

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6919.html
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Festival Shibazakura 2017/4/24 12:07
After you find your way to Kawaguchiko (either by train/bus), you have to buy the bus ticket from Kawaguchiko ticket counter to Shibazakura Festival. However, when I was there on 22 April, the flowers have not bloomed so entrance is free (bus ticket reduce to 1450 yen). All the best and hope it has bloomed when you are visiting!
by TanCs (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Festival Shibazakura 2017/4/25 00:07
Is it possible to travel from the Festival Shibazakura site to the Lake Kawaguchiko to see the Kubota Itchiku Museum, Music Forest and surrounding area all in a day trip and how to travel from the Shibazakura site to Lake Kawaguchiko if it is possible.

Thanks

Joanna
by Joanna Cheh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread