Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Difference between these hospital terms? 2017/4/23 19:42
Hi guys,

Can someone explain to me the difference between:
- ‘‡•a‰@ and •a‰@
- f—ÏŠ, ˆγ‰@, andƒNƒŠƒjƒbƒN

I know a clinic must be the smallest one. ˆγ‰@ is like a type of f—ÏŠ as well, I believe. But a doctor's office has to be in a hospital, no? Is ‘‡•a‰@ just a bigger •a‰@? And the word “ό‰@Ž{έ... Does that describe all of the above?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. :)
by J-Newbie (guest)  

Re: Difference between these hospital terms? 2017/4/24 18:19
•a‰@ is the most generic term for hospitals. ‘‡•a‰@ would be a hospital with many different departments (therapeutic fields).

f—ÏŠAˆγ‰@AƒNƒŠƒjƒbƒN to me are all clinics with one (or at most a few) general practitioner(s) specializing in the same field.

“ό‰@Ž{έ is a facility that accomodates patients to be hospitalized (“ό‰@ refers to hospitazliation, as against patients visiting for treatment/diagnosis).
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Difference between these hospital terms? 2017/4/24 18:34
Your understanding is quite right.

The medical law states all medical institutes are classified one of those four categories in JP, u•a‰@v(Hospital), uf—ÏŠv(Medical Clinic),u˜Vl‰ξŒμŽ{έv(Nursing Home for elderly people), andu•ŽYŠv(Maternity Clinic).

Underuf—ÏŠvcategory, uƒNƒŠƒjƒbƒNvuˆγ‰@vanduf—ÏŠv are the same meaning.
The administrator of uƒNƒŠƒjƒbƒNvuˆγ‰@vuf—ÏŠvcan be put their institute name on their own choice.

The difference between u•a‰@vand uf—ÏŠvis, how many beds are available for patients, while there are more than 20 beds are available, it is classified tou•a‰@v, while 0- 19 beds are available, classified to uf—ÏŠv by the law.

u‘‡•a‰@vmust include u•a‰@vcriteria, and plus, there are more than 100 patients capacity for medical treatment, must have medical departments of General Internal Medicine, Surgery, General obstetrics and gynecology, Ophthalmology and Urology, they must have intensive care units, lecture and conference rooms, Surgical Pathology Dissection units, labs, Chemical and Bacteria testing lab units.

Your understanding ofuƒNƒŠƒjƒbƒNvuˆγ‰@vuf—ÏŠvare rather smaller medical institutes, and u•a‰@vis rather large, u‘‡•a‰@vis even larger with number of medical departments there, are same as my understanding.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread