Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help/Suggestion for Tokyo/Kanto Itinerary 14D 2017/4/24 15:47
Good Day

I would like to request for an Itinerary from May 15 to May 28 in the Whole Tokyo/Kanto Region for a sightseeing, shopping, budget eating, best transportation, what to do in the area and with a little bit of relaxing in particular days(relaxing like strolling in the neighborhood that doesn't cost us much and not running against time) etc.. I don't know much of Japan tourist spot, but we are very interested in going to Akihabara and Shinjuku.

I'm not sure with the budget but we have 250,000JPY pocket money for the both of us. We are just limiting our money with that budget but we can get more money in case of emergency.

P.S. Would there be a cheap hotel? or Transient? that you can provide us?

Thanks so much
by Stamos Yang (guest)  

Re: Help/Suggestion for Tokyo/Kanto Itinerary 14D 2017/4/24 17:08
This forum is not a travel agency. If you want someone to plan a trip for you, pay a travel agent. The most this forum can do is offer suggestions once you have planned your own draft itinerary.

This website is a great resource for planning your own trip, and even has some sample itineraries, found under "Plan a Trip" at the top of this page.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help/Suggestion for Tokyo/Kanto Itinerary 14D 2017/4/25 01:28
How about this itinerary?

Day 1-6 (May 15-21)
-- Hotel (Y24000)
1 Fly to Narita
1 Go to Hotel (Asakusa? or Taito?)
1 Asakusa and Odaiba Full Day
2 Rest
3 Asakusa and Odaiba Full Day
4 Rest
5 Rest and Prepare for Nikko Trip (Last Day)

Day 6-7 (May 21-22)
-- Nikko Pass (Y2670 x 2)
-- Nikko Hotel(Turtle Inn Nikko) = Y12000.00
-- Asakusa (Train Y400 x 2) to Shinjuku

What will you recommend for a lunch time till evening? Will it be worth it? or should I try Early morning travel to Hakone, leave luggage and go sightseeing till evening?)

6-7 Go around Nikko
I'm not sure if these are good itinerary for Nikko
- Toshogu Shrine
- Taiyuinbyo
- Kanmangafuchi Abyss
- Botanical Garden
- Shinkyo Bridge
- Lake Chuzenji
- hangetsuyama
- Chuzenji Temple

Day 7-8 (May 22-23)
-- Tokyo Ryokan Hakone (Y13000)
-- Romancecar(please guide me on this where and how. Do I need it or not coming from Asakusa Station)
-- Hakone Free Pass (Y5140 x 2) (please guide me on this where and how)
- Go around Hakone

I'm not sure what could fit in estimating I'll get on Hakone by afternoon. But I'll try to get here during lunch time because it's a 4-5hours train from Nikko. If this is not applicable, we might stay 1 night in Tokyo before going here. Suggestion?

Day 8-14 (May 23-28)
-- Hotel (Y24000)
8 Going to Hotel and Rest (Shinjuku?)
9 Kamakura (Train Y2000 x 2)
10 Western Tokyo Full Day
11 Yokohama (Train Y600 x 2)
12 Western Tokyo Full Day
13 Shopping
14 Shopping and Leaving Japan

By the way, if possible, please suggest any cheap places to eat during our trip to Shinjuku, Odaiba, Asakusa, Nikko, Hakone, Kamakura and Yokohama. Based on the remaining budget excluding the train station between each shinjuku, odaiba, asakusa etc. I might say we only have Y100,000

Are these doable and did I do the right itinerary? I'm still not sure on the train going around tokyo yet. So I'll be consulting Google Map, not un less there are unlimited trains for Tokyo.

These are in between of the Asakusa/Taito Hotel tour and Shinjuku Tour. Are these worth it?

Shibuya near:
Pokemon Mega Center
Mandarake

Ramen Museum (Yokohama)

Asakusa/Taito Near:
Nakamise Shopping Street
Akihabara
Ueno Park
don quijote
Disneysea
Tokyo Tower
Sky Tower
Tsukiji
Koishikawa Korakuen
Rikugien
by Stamos Yang (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help/Suggestion for Tokyo/Kanto Itinerary 14D 2017/4/25 08:30
Since you'll be in the area I would go to see Skytree at night, but if you're on a tight budget it's quite expensive to go up the tower. Seeing it up close at street level is still interesting and there are places to have dinner in the area.
by Ausfam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help/Suggestion for Tokyo/Kanto Itinerary 14D 2017/4/30 22:27
[es]relaxing like strolling in the neighborhood that doesn't cost us much and not running against time

I suggest you to look for local volunteers' site, such as Aunty Meeco's House.
They also give you useful informaiton on sightseeing, not just organising activities.
by Gina (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread