Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Climb to Mt. Fuji Summit 2017/4/24 15:58
Hello,

I am planning to climb up to Mt Fuji summit in 1 day, may I know how many hours to climb if start at Subaru 5th station at 8.00am & return. Thank you
by Jenny (guest)  

Re: Climb to Mt. Fuji Summit 2017/4/24 18:56
So much depends upon you and on the day. Runners can do it in a couple of hours when not encountering anyone blocking their way. Could you? If on a weekend, or a holiday – you would expect to encounter other climbers – coming down mostly at that (your starting) hour, since they would have climbed the prior evening to see the sunrise.

If you are in excellent shape, do not run but also do not stop for rest breaks, and do not encounter other climbers – just a steady slog, I`d give it 4 up and 3 down.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Climb to Mt. Fuji Summit 2017/4/27 09:54
I did it with a group of 40 people, who all went at their own pace. Some people were finished in 10 hours, some people were finished in 16. If you go on a weekday you'll probably encounter fewer crowds and can move faster, but even if you don't care about enjoying the scenery from the summit you'll probably want to take a break at the top to recover a little (more to acclimate to the altitude than anything). It all depends on your speed, how well you adjust to the lack of oxygen, how many people there are on the mountain, and how long you stay at the top. If you aren't an experienced hiker and don't want to rush I would allow at least 12-14 hours realistically.
by Gigi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Climb to Mt. Fuji Summit 2017/5/2 15:17
Hello,

Thank you so much for your info, I did my climb in Yushan (Taiwan), I just use 3 hours up to hostel and 2.5 hours up to summit , since Mt. Fuji is lower than Yushan (577 ft. lower) therefore I think I might 4 hours going up and 3 hours coming down. Furthermore I plan to climb on Wednesday.
by Jenny (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread