Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Keisei Skyliner tickets children 2017/4/24 17:52
Hi again!
I still confused about children fares on Keisei Skyliner and other non-JR trains Children fares. One of my kids is 12 but still at primary school in Sweden. I know all rules about japanese rules for Children and school terms.
Here Keisei says clearly: *Prices in brackets are childrenfs fares."Children" means passengers between the ages of 6 and 11 (or up to 12 if still in primary school).".
And I suppose this explanation is not for japanese people but for us from over-seas.

I consider to book Keisei + subway package for all family Before we are going to Tokyo. But I still worry about this detail about Primary school - but 12 years old. Should I prepare any paper from Oskars school that will proof he is still at primary. Is it necessary? Or is it just purchase packages at the Keisei web? We are 2 adults and 4 boys who are 17, 13, 12 and 8.
"Economical mother" :-)
Regards.
by Ekaterina71 (guest)  

Re: Keisei Skyliner tickets children 2017/4/24 19:38
I believe many railway companies in Japan including JR have that rule, namely, adult fare starts at age 12, but a child who is 12-year-old and still in primary school (up to 6th grade in Japan) is considered a child, and this applies not just to non-Japanese but also to locals as well.

I am checking Keisei Railway's website in Japanese, and they say adult fare starts at "junior high/middle school," and child fare is for elementary/primary schoolkids.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Skyliner tickets children 2017/4/25 01:37
Whether or not a 12-year-old is eligible for child fare does not depend on whether they are actually in primary school (which is impossible to verify for foreign children), but on their date of birth.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Keisei Skyliner tickets children 2017/4/25 02:56
To Firas: do you refer to the fact that the Japanese school year is on April 1st to March 31st?
I know about that. But I still not sure how does it work for foreign kids. I mean this site is for foreigners and their children : http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/value_ticket/subway...
And when I use this site I dont need to state childrens date of birth anywhere. http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/e-ticket/en/ticket/sky...
Our school year is August 15th to June 20th.
by Ekaterina71 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread