Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Book recommendations for first time reader 2017/4/25 22:56
Hi there!
It's my first time trying to read a book written in Japanese so can you please recommend me some interesting books/novels that I won't regret buying online. (My parents will kill me if I bought useless things ahaha).
Don't hesitate to throw on me some of your favorite books that you think teenager will enjoy!!!
Thank you everyone!
by Chokohime  

Re: Book recommendations for first time reader 2017/4/26 16:56
Do you know much Japanese? If you're a beginner you should try children's books. They have simpler sentences and if they use kanji it is more likely to have furigana.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Book recommendations for first time reader 2017/4/26 20:00
Hi! My favourite series of book for the beginner is 'Yotsuba & I'/ '‚æ‚‚΂ÆI' by Kiyohiko Azuma.

There is simple Kanji in there, but it also has the hiragana breakdown which helps to learn new vocabulary too.
by tamaratokyo rate this post as useful

Re: Book recommendations for first time reader 2017/4/26 22:37
Sal1980:
Thank you for your advice, I'll start with children books as you said.
tamaratokyo:
Ok! I'll try this series thank you!
Thanks a lot!!
by Chokohime rate this post as useful

Re: Book recommendations for first time reader 2017/4/27 02:46
I do not know if it is for beginners, but i like the Doraemon manga. There is a Japanese version that has English and Japanese text. It also has the plus side that eating Doroyaki all of a sudden become much more fun.
by Kenshiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Book recommendations for first time reader 2017/4/28 01:24
Oh! yeah, I heard of it. I'll try it too.
Thank you!!
by Chokohime rate this post as useful

reply to this thread