Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Different types of capsule rooms 2017/4/26 17:26
Hello,

For my next trip to Tokyo I found a more or less newly opened capsule hotel Commun Shibuya.

On my booking website (booking.com) are offering three types of "rooms": standard, premium and deluxe.

For me it is impossible to find out where the difference is. Could you please help me regarding this hotel in particular or generally? Is it worth buying booking a better category?
by Ghtr (guest)  

Re: Different types of capsule rooms 2017/4/26 19:33
Hi! I've had a look at the hotel and can see your problem! The rooms all appear to be very similar regardless of the category. BUT, I can see that the Deluxe room appears to be 4sqm whereas the others are 2 sqm. In this case it may just be best to book whichever one has the best deal for you! Even the pics look the same. I've stayed in a few capsule hotels in my days and I generally choose the cheapest option if it means I can eat one more portion of ramen!

Hope that helps (at least a bit)!
by tamaratokyo rate this post as useful

Re: Different types of capsule rooms 2017/4/26 20:46
It's not really difficult to see, most sites use the same photos for all rooms, you can clearly see the different in the large photo's (www. booking.com) from standard to premium.

But many capsules hotels now offer these premium rooms which has a price similar to hostal or a cheap single private room.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Different types of capsule rooms 2017/4/27 09:49
Standard Room: 2m x 1m size room
Deluxe Room: 2m x 2m size room for large person
Premium Room: 2m x 1m size room with 2,000 QUO prepaid card(I suppose, unsure)
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread