Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

13N/14D Itinerary 2017/5/1 18:13
Hi, planning to go to the japan on May 15 till May 28. Arriving in 6AM in the morning. Anyone care to check my itinerary if it's feasible/doable? and if there's any problem on my train route/bus route/walk route?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C5P82N3VUDz7bqrho_r9oheJj5XsD3...

Thanks so much.
by morizuki  

Re: 13N/14D Itinerary 2017/5/2 03:41
I don't know the public transit well enough to comment on that, but you have quite a lot packed into your days. Be prepared to make changes and prioritize as you go if you visit something and spend longer than you planned.

May 20th is particularly packed. I enjoyed my stroll through Hama Rikyu Garden but it took most of the afternoon including a stop for tea. Miraikan is also worth a 2-3 hour visit so you won't have much time for the big shopping centers in Odaiba. You may find your trip will be more enjoyable if you take your time and fully experience a smaller number of sights. Then save the rest for your next visit.

by SkipperL (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 13N/14D Itinerary 2017/5/2 06:08
Hello....You really have a lot planned....obviously.....but I learned from being in Japan for 9 weeks in the past two years and going again this year for 6, is that japan isn't like going to an art museum where you can stop look at a painting and move on to the next one and accomplish your goal of "seeing' all the van goghs in two hours. First time, on a tour I had my :free: day planned for Kyoto, very ambitious .....I got to Ryonji and a nearby temple that had 24 sub temples and spent my day there. I enjoy temples and gardens very much. My plan went out the window. Last year I went to the shrine or temple for the 47 Ronin in Minato area of Tokyo and thought I would spend a half hour there...I spent three. I observed, offered incense to all the graves, said a prayer for the brave men, took photos, talked with some Japanese in broken Japanese and it was well worth it.
I cannot be content with spending a half hour at the National Museum like I did on the first and only tour I took. I spent almost 4 hours there last time.
But that is me...you are you, but if you have a deep interest in Japan and things Japanese, and people, food, sights, sounds, and all the culture you could think of, you may miss a lot by being too ambitious in your travels. If any place in the world calls you to" stop and smell the roses", (or sushi...lol) Japan does.
Just my dollars worth.
by FrankNJ rate this post as useful

Re: 13N/14D Itinerary 2017/5/2 08:59
thank you guys. No worries, I'm pretty sure I will slow down on our trip. I just put all the best places in my itinerary just in case some matter came up and skip some museum/temple etc..
by morizuki rate this post as useful

reply to this thread