Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Nationality/Citizenship 2017/5/3 21:14
Hi! I'm half Japanese, half Filipino. My Japanese dad got married to my mom in the Philippines before I was born. I am not registered to my dad's koseki tohon and he already passed away last year. I am now 28 years old and I'd like to know if there is still a chance for me to acquire Japanese nationality/citizenship. The only proof that I am a child of a Japanese national is my birth certificate. I will really appreciate your feedback on this.
by Jabroni Ichi (guest)  

Re: Japanese Nationality/Citizenship 2017/5/4 11:09
Where were you born? If you were born in Phil, did you father register your birth with at Japanese embassy in Phil? If not it's very difficult to do anything now
If I was you I would immediately contact an immigration attorney in Japan
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Nationality/Citizenship 2017/5/4 17:07
I was born in the Philippines and I've never been to Japan. My father failed to register me to his koseki tohon.
by Jabroni Ichi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Nationality/Citizenship 2017/5/4 17:14
It is the Japanese embassy in the Philippines that you need to contact. Also consult their website.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread