Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kintetsu Rail Pass - train types 2017/5/4 22:12
Hi everyone!

I'm traveling from Nara to Iga to Ise, and from Ise to Osaka and I've been reading up on the Kintetsu Rail Pass. I know that I can use it for most trains, except for the Limited Express trains which require an extra charge - but that's exactly my confusion: what are Limited Express trains and how do I identify them from Hyperdia?

My routes are:
1. (Presumably no Ltd. Exp.)
Nara to Kamo - JR Yamatoji Rapid Service for Kamo
Kamo to Iga Ueno - JR Kansai Line for Kameyama
Iga Ueno to Uenoshi - Iga Railway for Uenoshi

2. Has 2 'Line Exp.' - Is 'Line Exp.' same as a Limited Express?
Uenoshi to Igakambe - Iga Railway for Igakambe
Igakambe to Ujiyamada - Kintetsu Osaka Line Exp. for Ujiyamada
At Isenakagawa, stay with Kintetsu Yamada Line Exp. for Ujiyamada

3. Has 1 'Ltd Exp.' - I'm guessing Ltd Exp is Limited Express?
Ujiyamada to Tsuruhashi - Kintentsu Ltd Exp.
Transfer at tsuruhashi to Osaka Loop Line(Inner loop) for Tennoji

I'm trying to identify if it's worth it to buy the Kintetsu Rail Pass at 4800JPY, or if it's just cheaper for me to buy individual tickets. Thanks so much everyone!!!
by Denise (guest)  

Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass - train types 2017/5/5 11:07
The answer is in the question:

Limited Express trains [...] require an extra charge
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass - train types 2017/5/5 11:49
I assume you are referring to the Kintetsu Rail Pass Plus not Kintetsu Rail Pass.
Your fare is:
1. (no Ltd. Exp.)
Nara to Iga Ueno - JR ; 670 yen
Iga Ueno to Uenoshi - Iga Railway for Uenoshi; 260 yen

2. Has 1 'Line Exp.' -Question: Is 'Line Exp.' same as a Limited Express? Answer:Yes it is.
Uenoshi to Iga kambe- Iga Railway for Igakambe;360 yen
Igakambe to Ujiyamada - Kintetsu Osaka Line Exp. for Ujiyamada
At Isenakagawa, stay with Kintetsu Yamada Line Exp. for Ujiyamada; 1,840 yen(including seat reservation fee of 900 yen)

3. Has 1 'Ltd Exp.' -Question: I'm guessing Ltd Exp is Limited Express? Answer:Yes, it is.
Ujiyamada to Tsuruhashi - Kintentsu Ltd Exp.; 3,120 yen(including seat reservation fee for 1,320 yen)
Transfer at tsuruhashi to JR Osaka Loop Line(Inner loop) for Tennoji ; 120 yen

Total fare by individual tickets is 6,370 yen.
If you purchase Kintetsu Rail Pass Plus, you have to pay for 790 yen for JR Line and 2,220 yen for the seat reservation fee additionaly. So total fare is 7,810 yen.
The cost difference between buying individual tickets and buying Kintetsu Rail Pass is 1,440 yen.
So Kintetsu Rail Pass Plus won't pay off.
However the merit for purchasing the pass is availability of local buses around Ise Peninsula and Nara city and also you can avoid time loss for purchasing individual tickets at designated stations.

by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass - train types 2017/5/5 12:40
See the results of Hyperdia. It shows all information you need to know.

http://www.goo.gl/rChYel

Route 1 uses VISTA CAR which is a kind of gLimited Expressh. gTotalh is 1840 yen which includes Fare 940 yen and Seat Fee 900 yen. This seat fee is for faster travel and good seat.

Route 4 is a combination of Kintetsu Osaka Line Exp.forISUZUGAWA and Kintetsu Yamada Line Exp.for ISUZUGAWA. However, you donft need to transfer at ISENAKAGAWA since these two tranis are actually the same one. It is not gLine Exp.h It is a express running on gKintetsu Osaka Lineh and thereafter gKintetsu Yamada Lineh. Total is 940 yen consisting throughly of gFareh and you donft need to pay the extra gseat feeh since this train is a commuter type train.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread