Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hooking up the TV in my apartment 2017/5/8 22:19
I recently moved to a newly built apartment in Hitachi, ibaraki. I have a 2008 Panasonic TH-37LZ85 TV. I have both a red and blue B-CAS card. I also have a MASPRO terrestrial digital tuner DT630.

I know I can insert a card into the TV as well as the digital tuner. But I'm not sure which should go where. I can connect my cable outlet directly to the TV as well as my digital tuner. If I connect to my digital tuner then I can connect the AV cables to my TV.

From previous research I believe that I can connect the cable to my digital tuner. Place the blue B-cas card into tuner. Then connect the AV cables to the TV. Yet after doing so I still receive no channels. What should I do in terms of programming a channel search?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe my red B-cas card wont work unless I get a satellite tuner.

What are the differences between the channels, set-up, and monthly payments between a using a blue B-cas card on a terrestrial tuner and a red B-cas card on a satellite tuner?

Do I need the tuners or can I put my B-cas cards into the TV directly?
by Hanzypolarbear (guest)  

Re: Hooking up the TV in my apartment 2017/5/9 10:24
http://www.soumu.go.jp/main_sosiki/joho_tsusin/dtv/english/how_en.html

Look like your TV is capable of receiving digital broadcast,builtin terrestrial 地デジ
and BS.CS Satellite Digital tuner receiver.
So you can ignore / no need to connect MASPRO digital tuner.
Blue BS Card is needed for terrestrial broadcast, whereas red BS Card is for both terrestrial and BS.CS satellite broadcast.
In your TV case just put in red BS Card.

For cable connection, check above link. Check your apartment antenna outlet whether it is VHF only or both VHF and Satellite. If both, you need a splitter cable for VHF and BS sat.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B0002JZR1Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&qid=1494292988&sr=1-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&dpPl=1&dpID=41KQRR5VV2L&ref=plSrch
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread