Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Move to japan after masters in Taiwan 2017/5/11 18:19
Hi, i'm a foreigner in Taiwan, and have been living here for about 2 years. Mostly, i do laboratory works, researches and writing paper for journal publications and conferences. So even though i haven't really learn much about Chinese language, it's not really a problem with regards to my line of work. This year, i will be finishing my degree and I plan to move to Japan to find some research job. Since I only have a master degree i think the position that I can apply for is research associate. I have been looking at JREC-IN for some possible jobs, but mostly they are looking for experienced PhD/PostDoc degree holders. But i found some research associate positions still open in RIKEN's website. So, i want to ask for any other way to look for a research career online? and my chances.
With regards, to the language i hope it wont give me much trouble since i plan on studying the language after moving there T_T My research field mainly focuses on biomedical materials/nanomaterials

Thank you so much!
by veilonella  

Re: Move to japan after masters in Taiwan 2017/5/11 19:44
Funding for elite universities goes down annually, national universities are cutting faculty numbers, research funds are shrinking annually. Exceptional Japanese researchers with PhDs struggle to get jobs. It's really tough even for people better qualified and with more experience than you. You may be able to get something in the private sector - if you speak Japanese.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

reply to this thread