Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A Japanese Machine-translator? 2017/5/11 20:47
Hello!!
Does someone knows any Japanese-to-english Machine-translator other than Google translate and bing? I tried both of them and it sucks, so I'm looking for more accurate Japanese-translator to help me translate light novels.
Thanks In Advance
by Chihiro (guest)  

Re: A Japanese Machine-translator? 2017/5/12 11:09
There are many translators on the internet. The problem is, as you mentioned they suck all. The problem is that the translators often dont know the content.
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: A Japanese Machine-translator? 2017/5/13 15:40
Google Translate is probably the best you can get; it's backed by a huge company, which has put a lot of money in it.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: A Japanese Machine-translator? 2017/5/13 20:14
Fiction as well as quality non-fiction literature are difficult to be automatically translated, because they contain poetic expressions and phrases that are deliberately written to have more than one meaning. You should at least look for fansub translation. Needless to say, avoid piracy. The best thing you can do is to write to the publisher and request translated versions. It will help the industry as well as the economy.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread