Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Why Japan work visa process taking too long? 2017/5/12 15:13
So I research on a few forums regarding the process of Japan work visa. Most of it stated that it's about 2-3+ months.

I applied to work in art field company in Japan, signed the contract, sent every required documents and the lawyer sent the necessary documents to the immigration to be processed. That was on the 24/12/2016.

I'm getting impatient as 4 months and 12 days has passed and there's still no e-mail from the company. Both the HR and I do keep in contact for any news, but recently they stopped doing so.

I'd be appreciated if anyone could enlighten me what's the causes​ of slow processing of Japan work visa. I do know that the high amount of applicants is one of the cause, but even the HR told me this is taking too long.

Thank you.
by Rodeo1959 (guest)  

Re: Why Japan work visa process taking too long? 2017/5/12 19:29
If they're busy it takes longer. If there is a problem with your application, or it's non-standard, it can take longer. They'll take as long as they take - a good opportunity for you to practice your patience.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Why Japan work visa process taking too long? 2017/5/12 22:17
Sorry to hear that. It does take a few month normally, but I guess March/April might be a bit busier. The beginning of April is the beginning of academic and employment year in Japan, so maybe there are more applications to go through.
HR staff could try harder to make you feel secure though...it's a waiting game!
by N (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Why Japan work visa process taking too long? 2017/5/13 10:42
Like other said it can be possible that it takes longer time for many reasons.
If you feel uncomfortable you can contact the immigration or the company can contact and ask for an update. Than maybe you will know the reason why it takes time.
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Why Japan work visa process taking too long? 2017/5/15 16:30
@Dainichi Heater
it does practice a good patient I suppose lol.

@N
that sort of makes sense, thanks!!

@justmyday
Actually I did ask, however they couldn't give any response. Not sure why
by Rodeo1959 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread