Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Stations / Accommodation near Akita 2017/5/15 13:43
Hi All,

I am trying to book accommodation near Akita for the upcoming Kanto festival. Akita is completely booked out, nothing available, but I was wondering if anyone can advise of any stations within half an hour train ride of Akita? If someone could even point me in the right direction for how I'd discover this information for myself that'd be awesome! I couldn't figure out how to get the full route from Hyperdia.

Thanks!
by tassietigermaniac  

Re: Stations / Accommodation near Akita 2017/5/15 15:50
google maps?
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stations / Accommodation near Akita 2017/5/15 16:06
That's not a bad idea, I forgot they showed all the stations. I guess I'll have to follow it back and find a place that way.

Thanks
by tassietigermaniac rate this post as useful

Re: Stations / Accommodation near Akita 2017/5/15 21:36
I would ignore the stations on the Uetsu line, from my experience, that line does not run very frequently. (As an example, Shimohama is only ~15km from Akita Station, and the trip only takes 15 minutes, but the train only runs once every 2 hours, if you decide to try renting a car that changes everything but no idea what parking is like for the festival.)

I guess any station you find, I would make sure to plug into hyperdia to see how often the trains actually run.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Stations / Accommodation near Akita 2017/5/15 23:50
Hotel Route-Inn Omagari Ekimae has some rooms available around the festival time. Omagari station is on the Akita Shinkansen line and the train takes about 30 minutes to get to Akita.

by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stations / Accommodation near Akita 2017/5/16 12:25

Dormy inn Akita still rooms available for 4th and 6th:
http://www.hotespa.net/Plan_DormyInn/PlanDetailInfo.aspx?s_cd=17706&p_...
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stations / Accommodation near Akita 2017/5/17 18:28
Thank you all! I have found accommodation in Yokote, exactly an hour away from Akita, that will do the job nicely! Quad Inn Yokote still has a few rooms
by tassietigermaniac rate this post as useful

reply to this thread