Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shirakawa-go Trip from Osaka 2017/5/15 22:47
Hi, I am planning to go to Shirakawa-go from Osaka in November and am feeling lost and confused. Here are some questions I would like to ask and need some recommendations:

1) Will it be convenient and what are the transport options?

2) Is it worth to spend overnight at Shirakawa-go or just a day trip will do?

Kindly advise. Thanks!
by jonsnow87  

Re: Shirakawa-go Trip from Osaka 2017/5/16 07:56
The Shiragawako section of this website has the transport options. Train to Kanazawa, then bus to Shirakawago.

From reports, you only need 1 to 2 hours at Shiragawako.

But as an day trip from Osaka, it will be about 4 hours travel each way. It is a good side trip from Takayama and Kanazawa, but Osaka might be a long stretch. but if you are happy with the long transit times. Do it.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go Trip from Osaka 2017/5/16 09:24
Hi! 1 to 2 hours might be cutting it a little short, but 3 would pull it up, maybe 4 if you want to eat there (there have some local specialties worth trying, I think it was some kind of black dessert). If you are going that distance to see it, I'd stay overnight. These places are always much more fun first thing in the morning before the tourist swarms, and it is quite a pretty town. Or maybe go on to Takayama and stay the night there. Takayama is a fun town.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go Trip from Osaka 2017/5/16 09:58
You may take bus from Osaka(Namba) to Shirakawago via Takayama.
Here's a sample itinerary.

Departure at Arrival at
Namba 7:10 Takayama 12:42
Takayama 12:50 Shirakawago 13:40
Shirakawago 15:15 Takayama 16:05
Takayama 16:50 Namba 22:22

In this case, you may stay in Shirakawago for 1.5 hours.
You may refer to the website for Nouhi Bus as below.
https://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/

by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread