Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheesecake from JR Kyoto station 2017/5/19 15:25
Hi, anyone able to recommend good cheesecakes around JR Kyoto station or kyoto Isetan? Looking to buy a birthday cake for my friend and she likes fluffy cheesecakes. Otherwise, any cheesecakes that can be delivered to the hotel (needs to be able to last out of the fridge for a while)?
If no cheesecakes, recommendations on any good cake shops and flavour to buy would be great! Thanks so much!
by Psychedelical  

Re: Cheesecake from JR Kyoto station 2017/5/20 12:38
Are you there now? If not you might not be aware that Kyoto is full of great cake places. All of the high end hotels have awesome cafes, I've never had pastries and cakes like I do in Japan. I think you'll find plenty, though I cant help with cheesecakes because out of all cakes I like them the least.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheesecake from JR Kyoto station 2017/5/20 16:25
I see. Thanks for your reply! I'm only heading there in June. Haha the last I was there I only was in Kyoto for a short while. Tried many bakeries but didn't quite eat cake. That said, the pastries and buns were all really good! Haha and I do agree with generally higher quality bakeries across Japan! In that case, it's easy then (if we're not bent on getting cheesecake) since there are so many bakeries around.
by Psychedelical rate this post as useful

Re: Cheesecake from JR Kyoto station 2017/5/20 17:45
Sweet! I can vouch for the cakes at the Hyatt Regency and the Brighton in particular, but I dont know if you can get a full cake or just a slice. Just amazing...

by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheesecake from JR Kyoto station 2017/5/20 18:12
We recently had some delicious slices of cake from the cake shop inside the Granvia Hotel next to the JR train station, worth checking them out. They have slices and whole cakes, if you want a specific kind of cake you might want to find out if you can put in a special order.
Ann
by Dutch Ann rate this post as useful

Re: Cheesecake from JR Kyoto station 2017/5/20 20:28
Rikiro ojisan cheesecake is the fluffy popular cheesecake, but only around Osaka.
They do delivery, you can order by phone so maybe you could ask Hotel to do it for you? 0120-57-2132
http://www.rikuro.co.jp/cheesecake/

Cake itself is 685yen, and delivery fee is 1620yen. Payment by bank transfer(+ bank fee) or cash on delivery=324yen handling fee.
Total of 2,629yen. Hmm...a bit more expensive than the original cake price!!

But it will save you walking around to buy one while you are there, especially if you are plannning it as a surprise?
Many hotels are happy to do Cash on delivery on behalf of you, store in fridge, deliver to the room at requested time with candles.

by N (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheesecake from JR Kyoto station 2017/5/21 09:55
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheesecake from JR Kyoto station 2017/5/25 13:58
Thanks all for your inputs!
by Psychedelical rate this post as useful

reply to this thread