Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 weeks itinerary 2017/5/21 18:12
Hello, i'm planning a 3 weeks trip to Japan this November and greatly appreciate any advice/ input with respect to the below itinerary please;

DAY 1 ARRIVE TOKYO IN THE AFTERNOON, SPEND THE NIGHT IN TOKYO
DAY 2 TOKYO, SPEND THE NIGHT IN TOKYO
DAY3 SIDE TRIP TO KAMAKURA, SPEND THE NIGHT IN TOKYO
DAY4 YOKOHAMA, SPEND THE NIGHT IN TOKYO - ANY IDEAS RE DAY TRIP FROM TOKYO?
DAY 5 HEAD FOR KAWAGUCHIKO, MT FUJI 5 LAKES, SPEND THE NIGHT IN KAWAGUCHIKO
DAY 6 MT FUJI AREA, SPEND THE NIGHT IN KAWAGUCHIKO
DAY 7 TRAVEL TO MATSUMOTO, SPEND THE NIGHT IN MATSUMOTO
DAY 8 DAY TRIP TO KAMIKOCHI FROM MATSUMOTO AND SPEND THE NIGHT IN MATSUMOTO
DAY 9 DAY TRIP TO KISO VALLEY FROM MATSUMOTO AND SPEND THE NIGHT IN MATSUMOTO
DAY 10 KUROBE ALPINE ROUTE AND SPEND THE NIGHT IN TOYAMA
DAY 11 TRAVEL TO KYOTO FROM TOYAMA, SPEND THE NIGHT IN KYOTO
DAY 12 KYOTO EXPLORE
DAY 13 KYOTO EXPLORE
DAY 14 SIDE TRIP TO ARASHIYAMA FROM KYOTO
DAY 15 KYOTO EXPLORE, ANY GOOD SIDE TRIP IDEAS APART FROM NARA?
DAY 16 TRAVEL TO WAKAYAMA FROM KYOTO
DAY 17 WAKAYAMA, KUMANO KODO
DAY 18 WAKAYAMAM KUMANO KODO
DAY 19 ANY IDEAS WHAT TO DO????
DAY 20 ANY IDEAS WHAT TO DO????
DAY 21 ANY IDEAS WHAT TO DO????
DAY 22 HEAD BACK TO OSAKA
DAY 23 HEAD HOME FROM OSAKA

Apparently there are a few days that i'm not sure what to do. Please, could you give me some ideas?

Many thanks
Thai
by THAI (guest)  

Re: 3 weeks itinerary 2017/5/21 23:25
For such a long itinerary the lack of places like Miyajima or Koyasan it's surprising to say the least. Not trying to impose my interests here or anything, but those two are easily the main higlights of my two-week trip to Japan.

If I were to travel for an extra week I would probabily want to explore Kyushu or Hokaido.
by First-timer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 weeks itinerary 2017/5/22 01:51
How about visiting Okinawa? Do you like tropical beaches?
by hello (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 weeks itinerary 2017/5/22 18:40
I would add Hiroshima and Miyajima
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 weeks itinerary 2017/5/22 18:49
Or more time in Tokyo. I count one full day and one late afternoon in Tokyo.

The busiest and most populous city n the world, and only 1.25 days assigned to it?

Re: 3 weeks itinerary 2017/5/22 22:53
One night/day trip at onsen town
by JLYJ rate this post as useful

Re: 3 weeks itinerary 2017/5/23 00:07
Thank you so much for all your recommendations.... I really appreciate it....

Actually i've already been to Tokyo, Nikko, Fuji 5 lakes, Hakone, Takayama & Shirakawago, Kanazawa, Kyoto, Okayama, Himeji, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Koyasan,& Osaka a couple of years ago and last year, i travelled 3 weeks in Hokkaido alone.... so i guess i have covered pretty much those spots popular to tourists.... I'm planning to travel Kyushu as a separate trip later as a couple of days may not be enough..... I'm not really interested in Tokyo indeed as it's too busy for me.... I would prefer mountains and stuff like that.....

by Thai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 weeks itinerary 2017/5/23 00:36
I've never been, but I'm hoping to eventually make it to Izumo Taisha and Tottori, you might be able to work those in.

It's too bad you're going in November, because it seems like you've not done a lot of Tohoku, but I'm not sure if the weather would be cooperative. If you like nature, I loved visiting Haguro-san and wish it had been open/I had more time to visit Gas-san and Yudono-san. Doing all 3 is a goal. I liked Oirase stream near Towadako despite the crowds and Kakunodate, Hirosaki, and Hiraizumi are all quite nice. I just think they will also all be pretty cold in November, they're also all much closer to Tokyo than Kansai, which is where it looks like you are looking for new activities.

When you were in Okayama did you bicycle the Kibi Plain? It's not a super long trip but is pleasant. Have you been to Takematsu/Ritsuin? I thought it was on par with the big 3, though it's not one of them. You could also look for things to do on Shikoku. I was trying to plan a trip to Akiyoshidai this trip but it's not going to pan out for me, it could work for you though. Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: 3 weeks itinerary 2017/5/23 09:57
Judging from your second reply, it seems to me that you have already got a lot of experiences in Japan... but from what I learn from my travel company, perhaps it is more convenient if you stay at Kawaguchiko if you are planning to go to Kamakura instead of going back to Tokyo.
by cottonpiece rate this post as useful

Re: 3 weeks itinerary 2017/5/24 16:38
Info like "I've been to Japan/Tokyo before" really needs to go in the first question post. Somehow I think it is quite relevant when asking others for destination suggestions.

Re: 3 weeks itinerary 2017/5/24 21:46
I'm not really interested in Tokyo indeed as it's too busy for me.... I would prefer mountains and stuff like that.....

But you still spend some nights in Tokyo and also visit Yokohama, where is also busy city.
You prefer mountains and will be in Japan in November, why not IBARAKI?
You can enjoy autumn splendor with red'n yellow leaves at Mt.Tsukuba, can enjoy Kairakuen -Japan style garden in Mito, etc. etc.

by delphine (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread