Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

basic itinerary for 2 months in japan 2017/5/23 06:06
Hey,
Recently i discovered that i have 2 months (June - July) to fly to japan.
The two main goals of this trip, is to experience the Japanese culture and hiking.
I come from a warm country, so i hope the unbearable heat of the summer in japan - will be bearable. But if it turn out to too hot to hike I will add more days for Hokkaido.

The itinerary:
Tokyo - 4 days
Nikko -1 day (night at Tokyo)
Kamakura -1 day (night at tokyo)
Yamanouchi - 1 day ( night at Takayama) ** is it worth visiting?
Takamaya - 4 days (as a base for travelling the Kiso valley, Kamakochi and the mountains around it)
Shirakawago - 1 day (night at Takamaya)
Koumano koudo - 10 days
Mountain Koya - 1 day
Nara - 1 day
Osaka - 1 day
Hiroshima - 2 days
Kagoshima - 2 days
Shikoku - 3 days
Hokkaido - 2 weeks
Kyoto - 2 days *July festival
Hkona - 2 days
Fuji - 1 day
Tokyo - 5 days
by ABA1010  

Re: basic itinerary for 2 months in japan 2017/5/23 22:33
I hate packing and unpacking and changing hotels, so I'd pick one place to stay and do Nara, Osaka, and Kyoto from there. Maybe something like this:
Tokyo - 4 days
Nikko -1 day (night at Tokyo)
Kamakura -1 day (night at tokyo)
Yamanouchi - 1 day ( night at Takayama) ** is it worth visiting?
Takamaya - 4 days (as a base for travelling the Kiso valley, Kamakochi and the mountains around it)
Shirakawago - 1 day (night at Takamaya)
Koumano koudo - 10 days
Hiroshima - 2 days
Kagoshima - 2 days
Shikoku - 3 days
Hokkaido - 2 weeks
Mountain Koya - 1 day
Nara - 1 day
Osaka - 1 day
Kyoto - 2 days *July festival
Hkona - 2 days
Fuji - 1 day
Tokyo - 5 days
Also, you may find it helpful to trace out your route on a map to see if you have your trip arranged in a logical order. See this example of a month-long trip for what I mean: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_traverse.html

Then add in your travel days to the itinerary. For example: "Fuji 1 day, train to Tokyo that evening."

Hope this helps!
by SkipperL rate this post as useful

Re: basic itinerary for 2 months in japan 2017/5/28 02:05
Note that June and into early/mid July is the rainy season (tsuyu) for much of Japan. It won't be as hot, but expect a lot of rain. The sweltering heat and humidity comes later in July and August.
by gfoulk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread