Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accommodation along alpine route 2017/5/23 12:39
Hello everyone, As I posted earlier , we are family of four traveling to japan between July 5th to 18th and planning to traverse Alpine route from Tokyo on 9th July. We plan to travel from Omachi towards Toyota. Any recommendations on a hotel/Rqyokan around Tateyama ? Or any suggestions? Next day, we are planning to leave for Kyoto . Thank you. Pradip
by pdpfacc  

Re: Accommodation along alpine route 2017/5/24 15:38
As judging from your another thread, your children are 16 and 12 years old, which are in most case considered as adult in the accommodations. I searched Rakuten.com and they showed 4 hotels.

http://travel.rakuten.com/hotellist/Japan-Toyama_Prefecture-Tateyama?a...

Of the four, two hotels are located in Murodo, the highest area along the Alpine route so I would recommend these two hotels though I have not stayed in both (they received high reputation from their guests). Hotel Tateyama is on the expensive side and very close to the bus station while Mikurigaoka onsen is less expensive but you must walk 30 min from the bus station.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation along alpine route 2017/5/25 07:28
Judging from your another thread, your children are 16 and 12 years old, who are considered as adults in most accommodations in Japan. I checked Rakuten website and they showed 4 hotels available on 9th July.

http://travel.rakuten.com/hotellist/Japan-Toyama_Prefecture-Tateyama?a...

Two hotels, Hotel Tateyama and Mikurigaoka onsen are located in Murodo, which is the highest point of the route, so I would recommend these two. Though I have not stayed there, but the travelers reviews are rather high for these two hotels. Hotel Tateyama is the high-class hotel in this region, very close to the bus center. Mikurigaoka onsen is not a hotel, actually, it is a mountain hut but you will be assigned a private room and the fare is rather reasonable considering this specific area.

Re: Accommodation along alpine route 2017/5/27 02:19
Thank you so much for very helpful informations on accommodations. We made reservation at Midagahara Hotel which looks very good. We were little late for Tateyama Hotel. We looking forward to enjoy our trip and alpine route.

We altered our original itinerary and now coming to Alpine route from Kyoto on 13th July. Any suggestions on trains from Kyoto to Tateyama station on 13th morning ? Off course will have to leave early to arrive in time at Tateyama. Thanks again. Very helpful informations. Pradip
by pdpfacc rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation along alpine route 2017/5/27 10:56
We altered our original itinerary and now coming to Alpine route from Kyoto on 13th July. Any suggestions on trains from Kyoto to Tateyama station on 13th morning ?

OK so you will do Alpine route after Kansai (Kyoto, Osaka etc) and then go to Tokyo/Kanto right? So the natural route is Kyoto-Toyama-Tateyama-Alpine route (Midagahara night)-Alpine route-Ogisawa. Midagahara is in the west side of the Alpine route, but Murodo, the center of the route and the highest point is only 20 min bus ride so you can get there on day 1 (and then return to Midagahara). On day 1 you can enjoy the core of the route and Midagahara by itself is the good place to hike. On day 2 you will go through the east side of the route with many interesting transportation. You may better consider Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket (9000 yen) which will take you to Nagano station (if you start from Toyama).

http://www.jrtateyama.com/e/

Note that this ticket is not a "pass" so you are not able to backtrack the route. For example you must buy a round trip ticket from Midagahara to Murodo if you want to go to Murodo on day 1. Still this ticket will make you some savings.

You might better consider luggage delivery service such as Takkyubin.

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/tourist/hotel/

reply to this thread