Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Teiju Visa 2017/5/31 10:46
Hi there,

I'm Randy, half-Japanese American, moving to Japan in September. I'm curious about possible visa extensions beyond the 3-month travel visa. A friend mentioned "Teiju" visa, which she said is for people who have Japanese DNA, called "Long Term Resident Visa".

Does Japan allow this? I read the most frequent reason for requesting this visa is for Japanese nationals to invite their parents or children to live with them, neither of which is my situation. I simply have Japanese DNA and, as an American citizen, would like to move the Japan and live there alone for the foreseeable future (several years).

My friend mentioned there are many Brazilians and other South American folks who are in Japan on the Teiju, and can stay for as long as they like. Is this true?

Also, does anyone know the fees involved for applying for such a Visa? I plan to do more research of course, but might as well ask while I'm here.

Thank you for your time and thank you for any help in advance!

-Randy
by rhueda  

Re: Teiju Visa 2017/5/31 12:16
How did get that Japanese DNA inside you? By miracle?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Teiju Visa 2017/5/31 13:23
you need to give full details of your DNA lol , is any of your parents japanese ?.

japanese visa fees is not an issue because they dont scam people of there money like western countries do.
you can only payyour visa fees after your visa is out .
by chike20 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Teiju Visa 2017/6/1 08:38
It's true but you have to prove that your grandparents are Japanese citizens by getting a copy of their family register. Without that document, it's not possible.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Teiju Visa 2017/6/1 09:23
Long story short as long as you can proof that you have relation by blood to a Japanese, chances are there but not guarantee.

And there is no such thing as Japanese DNA.

This is from Japanese Embassy in USA on long term visa application. Call for more details.

http://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/english/html/travel_and_visa/visa/other-...
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread