Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

COE for work visa 2017/6/8 00:12
Hi everyone,

I got a job offer (a 6-month internship actually, with a local contract) from a major international company on May 18th, that is supposed to start on July 3rd (which is the main condition for me to obtain my diploma).
They are supposedly handling my COE application but as we are soon to reach the deadline, I wonder if it is ever gonna make it.
The embassy told me they (my employers) knew what they're doing, and that big companies had some agreements with the consular services that could speed up the process. Having no news from them but "our scrivener should contact you soon for your visa application", I am looking for answers here.

Has anyone ever been in that case ? Has anyone ever had his/her COE issued within less than a month ?
by Layla (guest)  

Re: COE for work visa 2017/6/8 10:35
I believe this is a situation which is case by case.
If they offer you a job than they are surly doing there best to arrange all documents.

But even if the company is applying fast it is the Japanese immigration who decide and issue the coe. All you can do is wait. Standard waiting time for coe on the immigration side is 3 months depending on how busy they are.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: COE for work visa 2017/6/9 06:35
Hi.

My COE was delivered in 3 weeks to my japanese company.

It should have taken between 5 and 8 weeks according to my company.

So it's still possible for it to be delivered.

Yet it might be a close call, because they need to forward you the original so you can make your work permit at the japanese ambassy (for my work visa, they did it in 3 days).

Good luck !
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE for work visa 2017/6/13 21:37
Hi,

Thank you for those who took the time to reply.

I found out yesterday the company never started any procedure, as the immigration lawyer just contacted me to collect all the needed documents.
I received my contract that same day, mentioning the starting date would be July 1rst.

I am starting to have serious doubts...

by Layla (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE for work visa 2017/6/14 07:45
Your deadline will not be possible. Obtaining a coe can take up to 3 months depends case by case. You can refer to the immigration site.

An immigration lawyer contacted you to arrange documents. I guess that is good sign. Just YOU need to prepare all the necessary documents. Immigration lawyer just check, confirm and hand in.

by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread