Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Half Japanese looking to go to uni in Japan? 2017/6/8 20:31
Hi! I was wondering if anybody can help me!
I'm half Japanese currently living in the states and I go to Japan yearly to visit family and go to my local school for about two months, and I have made the decision to move to Japan after graduating high school next year. I speak Japanese almost fluently, but my writing(kanji and some grammar) needs some work. I have chosen to keep my Japanese citizenship when I turn 20. But, my big problem is how can I go to college in Japan as a primary English speaker?? I am a Japanese citizen with an address here in Tokyo, but I have absolutely no clue how and if I can go to college in Japan.. Can anyone help me?
I don't know what I will study in university, but I definitely know that I want to live in Japan.
Thank you so much!!
by Alymaeda  

Re: Half Japanese looking to go to uni in Japan? 2017/6/9 10:23
Lots of universities in Japan offer whole degree programs taught in English. Google is your friend. Work hard on your kanji throughout college, and you'll be good to go.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Half Japanese looking to go to uni in Japan? 2017/6/11 11:58
A few suggestions...

International Christian University (ICU) and Sophia University in Tokyo have english language curricula. Research them.

Contact a high school like the American School in Japan (ASIJ) in Chofu, Tokyo but there are tons of international schools in Japan, and ask to speak to a guidance counselor about where their students apply to college inside Japan. I attended ASIJ and many of the students stayed in Japan after graduating high school and attended college in different parts of Japan

Good luck!
by USC4Ever rate this post as useful

Re: Half Japanese looking to go to uni in Japan? 2017/6/11 12:47
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

reply to this thread