Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Anyone spent time on Naoshima the art island? 2017/6/9 15:23
I have been told the idland is womdefful and a few days are needed at leasset. We are spending 15 days in Japan in the Spring and would like to get opinions.
by Barry Woods (guest)  

Re: Anyone spent time on Naoshima the art island? 2017/6/9 18:51
My last trip was three days, and the first one around three hours. Depending on what you want to see and do, both work.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone spent time on Naoshima the art island? 2017/6/9 20:15
Go to the Benesse house website and look under suggested itineraries (they may call them "courses").
You'll see sample day, 2 day, and IIRC 24hr itineraries.
I'm not saying you need to follow any of them, but they'll give you a decent idea of how long it takes to do things.
Ive been there 4 times, and my ideal short stay is to get the early boat on day 1, do all the art sites and museums except Benesse on that day, do Benesse on the morning of day 2, and then leave.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone spent time on Naoshima the art island? 2017/6/11 01:11
I spent about 24 hours there, and felt it was enough (although I'm sure there was more to do). Had time to see three or four museums (they're small), all the Art Houses, and do a lot of walking around. I stayed at the Tsutsujiso yurts, which were nice and very inexpensive.
by JW123 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread