Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best area to stay in osaka? 2017/6/9 23:46
Hi all, im wondering which is the best area to stay is osaka? I will be going to nara, kyoto and kobe for a day trip. And i want to stay somewhere that is easy to navigate. Any suggestions? Thank you for your help.
by Fiqah (guest)  

Re: Best area to stay in osaka? 2017/6/10 10:37
The Osaka Station area is the most convenient area to stay for such a plan (direct train connections to most places in Osaka and all your day trip destinations). Next best is the Namba area (direct train connections to most places in Osaka and to Kobe and Nara). My personal favorite for convenience is the Hotel Granvia Osaka inside Osaka Station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Best area to stay in osaka? 2017/6/10 17:26
OR near Shin-Osaka Station
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Best area to stay in osaka? 2017/6/11 03:09
Thank you so much for your response. I will try and look into it. Also, how much does the trasport fare cost for traveling around osaka for 7 days?
by Fiqah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best area to stay in osaka? 2017/6/11 03:45
Depends on how much you're traveling each day? I find subway fares in Osaka expensive per distance traveled. But, a lot of the areas tourists want to go seem more compact than in Tokyo, I've been known to walk a lot. The walk from say Namba to Osaka station is really not that bad and quite safe.

I personally didn't like staying near Shin-Osaka station, it's very.. quiet and not in a staying the country sort of way. I think there is a smaller selection of restaurants and eateries. I would pick to stay near Osaka/Umeda station since it's such a short trip between the two and it's easier to get from Osaka/Umeda to most other places in Osaka. If you're mostly going to be traveling outside of Osaka area (like to Kyoto or anywhere on the Tokkaido/Sanyo shinkansen line, than I would think more about Shin-Osaka.) If you're not planning to take any shinkansen (except to leave the area for somewhere new on a shinkansen line.) I'd do Osaka/Umeda.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Best area to stay in osaka? 2017/6/11 07:56
Stay at Namba. Thats where all the fun is and a short walk from dotonbori. Staying near the station will only save you a 10 min metro ride but there will be no atmosphere.
by WJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best area to stay in osaka? 2017/6/15 17:42
We stayed near Shin-Osaka station for convenience sake and I second what rkold said, it’s… quiet in a nothing to do there sort of way. It was fine for us as we were mostly using it to overnight between travelling but I wouldn’t really recommend it or anything.
by Ronda (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread