Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shirasuna Onsen at Shirahama - towels? 2017/6/11 03:55
We are looking forward to mixed bathing (with swimsuits, as required there) at the Shirasuna Onsen at Shirahama beach later this month. Can I assume they will provide (or rent) a towel with the admission fee? We don't want to have to pack bulky items like a bath/beach towel.
by rkoo  

Re: Shirasuna Onsen at Shirahama - towels? 2017/6/11 11:32
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Shirasuna Onsen at Shirahama - towels? 2017/6/11 18:58
additional 200 yen for towel:

Yes, you can buy this towel. But note that this is not the bath towel or hand towel. It will be the size of hand towel, but thinner than that you will find in the western style hotels. Japanese use this thin hand towel sized towel to wash body (of course you don't need to wash your body with soap here since you will have swimsuits on). This onsen seems to be for those who went to the beach and soak body in sea water and just want to remove salt and sand before going back to their home (or hotel). So the fare is quite cheap.
by frog1954 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirasuna Onsen at Shirahama - towels? 2017/6/12 03:46
I am familiar with the small thin onsen towels. I'm not sure this will be large enough to dry off before changing clothes and getting on a bus (or bike) to train and then sitting on train for several hours to Shingu We are not spending the night in Shirahama. Is there also a shower to use there? Perhaps we will have to count on the sun to dry us off.
by rkoo rate this post as useful

Re: Shirasuna Onsen at Shirahama - towels? 2017/6/12 03:49
oh - I did look at the price list and see there is a shower for 100 yen. Thanks.
by rkoo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread