Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kawaguchiko to Yanai (and hiroshima) JRPass 2017/6/12 02:16
Hello everyone, i will try and explain:

I will stay one night at kawaguchiko, then have to be 4 days later in Yanai.

Since it is a long trip, i was thinking in going from kawaguchiko to hiroshima straight, and stay there, and then after the 4 days, from there to yanai.

-what is the best way to go from kawaguchiko to hiroshima with just Jrpass?

- also, i am available for recommendations, for example, if you think i should go from kawaguchiko to someplace other than hiroshima, and then from there to yanai, please say so.
I have been to tokyo and kyoto before, but i am trying to explore as much as i can of japan, especially those overlooked places that no one goes to. :)
I welcome your opinions.

Thank you in advance :)

by japandaisuki (guest)  

Re: Kawaguchiko to Yanai (and hiroshima) JRPass 2017/6/12 10:44
Yanai is so close to Hiroshima. It seems a waste to spend for days there. When Hiroshima and it surrounds can be explored from Yanai.

Most from Kawaguchiko heading west would take a bus to Shin-Fuji or Mishimi stations, then shinkansen west.

But since you have a JR pass, I'd bus it to Matsmoto, and explore Matsumoto, Nagano, Toyama, Kanazawa to your liking. Plenty of info around for you to make a decision.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko to Yanai (and hiroshima) JRPass 2017/6/13 20:20
Thank you first of all for your answer :)

just a couple questions: you said i should bus it to matsumoto with jrpass, so JRpass also works in buses?

the reason i just dont stay in yanai and explore around, its because i will be staying at a friends house, and she said that house is far from the yanai train station, and the buses are not reliable in yanai, according to her. so instead of losing one hour to go from the train station in yanai, and then more time traveling around by train, when in hiroshima i can be closer to the train station.

however, your suggestion of those places to visit was useful, i will try and verify more information on them :)
by japandaisuki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko to Yanai (and hiroshima) JRPass 2017/6/13 20:36
Kawaguchiko is not on a JR line, so it is not possible to go anywhere from Kawaguchiko with just a JR Pass (nor to get to Kawaguchiko in the first place).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko to Yanai (and hiroshima) JRPass 2017/6/14 05:05
As above. Kawaguchiko is accessed by non JR train to Otsuki. Buses from Matsumoto, Shin-Fuji or Mishimi. None of these are covered by the JR pass.

From these locations, then you can use your JR pass.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko to Yanai (and hiroshima) JRPass 2017/6/14 11:33
@hakata14 It's Mishima, not Mishimi.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread