Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Universal Studio Osaka Express pass 2017/6/13 12:17
We are thinking to get a Express pass but not really sure if its worth it ? We need to buy a single day pass and on top of it a Express pass. Can anyone recommend if the pass is worth buying ? We have decided to spend one whole day at the Universal Studio Osaka

Thanks
R
by ras729  

Re: Universal Studio Osaka Express pass 2017/6/14 12:32
It depends on when your going. I went recently it was a weekday and there wasn't any holidays and it was raining. The wait time for some of the rides was still over an hour. But if your going during a busy period or on a weekend it is worth it.
by ImaRose (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studio Osaka Express pass 2017/6/14 19:22
Like what above said...depends on when you are going. Which month, weekday or weekend, if falls on a holiday, or high/low season, etc.

I went on the 17th of April which was a Monday. I bought the Express 7 Flying Dinosaur pass via klook.com. The crowd forecast was well crowded (well, that's what the Japanese translation was http://www15.plala.or.jp/gcap/usj/) Weather forecast was rain, thunderstorms or something like that. And boy, did it pour! I was soaking wet. I thought that would deter people from coming into USJ. But it didn't. In the morning, crowd level wasn't bad at all...but as the day went on waiting times did get longer when I passed through using my Express pass. I did some rides 2x. I rode all rides that were on my pass (including the options...stood in line for those because waiting time was less than half hour at that time).

I got there before opening...maybe waiting in line outside gate around 8:30is. Like I said earlier...did all the rides on the pass and more. Ate snacks in between, walked around, did a little shopping. Left USJ around 3 pm. The crowd was still coming in. Early morning waiting times ranged from walking straight onto the rides to 20mins. As the day went by, waiting times was about a 60-80mins for the popular rides. I think the longest wait I had was Evangelion standby line which was about 10 min wait.

If I didn't have the pass and had to stand by, I think I would have spent the whole day over there and I might not have ridden all the main rides. Everything was going for me - went early and rainstorm. The crowds were either in shops or restaurants waiting out the rains for most of the rides. Backdrop had the longest wait, then I think Evangelion later in the day.

Go during a weekday. My cousin went on a Saturday no Express Pass during Cherry Blossoms time, standby lines only. She was only able to ride on about 5 main attractions.
by hibell77 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studio Osaka Express pass 2017/6/14 21:43
I went at the end of June on a Monday on what was considered a low attendance day. I bought a 4 Express Pass because I was with my 5 year old daughter and I knew she wasn't going to make a lot of height lines. We arrived a little before the parks opened and had no line for Jaws and a 20-30 minute wait for flight of the Hippogryph. (and no timed entry for Harry Potterland vs when a friend went previously.) I took lots of pictures, we snacked on food and then went on some kiddie rides. The kiddie rides had no lines and were super super quiet. By the time we went on Jaws again, the line was easily 1 hour, but we had the express pass. So yes, even on quiet days the lines build very quickly. I would honestly not do USJ without the passes.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studio Osaka Express pass 2017/6/15 11:51
We have planned to go on 12th July (Monday). I tried to check the USO forecast but it's a bit hard for me to understand with what's going on.
by ras729 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studio Osaka Express pass 2017/6/15 18:55
July 12th is a Wednesday

According to the link I posted, July 12th Wednesday traffic congestion is a Green Box with the #15 inside of it. Which is 〜19999人 空いている (people are vacant...well this is what google translated?) I'm going to assume it means it won't be crowded.

Waiting time for rides (standby):
SFR (Space Fantasy Ride): 60-90 mins
SPM (Spiderman Ride): 60-90 mins
HDR (Hollywood Dream - The Ride) (not Backdrop): 45-90 mins
BTTF (Back to the Future): 45-90 mins
JAWS: 30-60 mins
JP (Jurassic Park): 30-60 mins
T2 (Terminator 2): 30-60 mins

This other link hasn't updated for July 2017 yet:
http://usjinfo.com/wait/pre_callendar.php?year=2017&month=07&park=#lan...
But based on July 2016, Google translated かなりすいている to "it is rather pretty" which I'm assuming wasn't crowded.

Re: Universal Studio Osaka Express pass 2017/6/16 05:51
Thanks hibell77, this is very helpful. Not buying the Express pass does save a bit of money for us.
by ras729 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studio Osaka Express pass 2017/6/16 19:18
You're welcome.
Not sure how the forecast will be for now since Minions opened up. But when I was checking the forecast for the day I went...it was pretty accurate or less crowded. But wasn't sure if it was the norm because that day ended up with a thunderstorm. I was literally soaking wet. So not sure if weather played a role in lines being short.

reply to this thread