Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cheapest time to fly to Japan 2017/6/17 17:29
Hi,
I was checking out return tickets from Europe to Japan in August and found the rates to be very high compared to when I flew in late March last year.

Is there any other times during the year when travel prices raise or drop very much?
by Michie (guest)  

Re: Cheapest time to fly to Japan 2017/6/17 18:04
Japan is becoming a popular destination. I would consider March/April as one of the more busier times (Cherry Blossoms) and August being one of the quieter times of the year for flights due to the hear...
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Cheapest time to fly to Japan 2017/6/17 18:04
The origin country is also a factor in prices. School holidays etc push up prices also.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheapest time to fly to Japan 2017/6/17 18:28
Trying to outguess market prices is generally a futile exercise, and flight prices are no exception. Even changing your departure and/or return dates by just one day can make prices two or three times higher, if not more.

The only sensible thing to do is to start searching as early as possible to maxiise your options, and look around various sources (airlines and search engines like Skyscanner) until you find something that's acceptable to you. You can also subscribe to airlines' e-mail newsletters to get advance notice of good deals.
by Firas (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cheapest time to fly to Japan 2017/6/17 19:54
Try using LCC, they tend to be cheaper, but do expect higher cost during school holidays, and when special events and days/months in Japan, including sakura blossom seasons.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread