Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Does my itinerary look okay? 2017/6/19 05:30
Going for a fortnight in about 10 days (yes it's late, I stupidly kept procrastinating but at the very least I've sorted out my Tokyo accommodation), it will be my first trip there, and I'm mainly interested scenic places, trying out food and maybe seeing some animals if possible

28/6 - Arrive in Tokyo

29/6 - Tokyo

30/6 - Tokyo

1/7 - Tokyo

2/7 - Tokyo

3/7 - Nikko day trip (Tokyo)

4/7 - Arrive in Hakone, overnight

5/7 - Arrive in Kyoto

6/7 - Kyoto

7/7 - Kyoto

8/7 - Kyoto

9/7 - Nara day trip (Kyoto)

10/7 - Arrive in Miyajima, overnight

11/7 - Back to Tokyo, overnight

Can someone please tell me if it looks alright or if anything seems worth changing?

Any advice would be much appreciated
by Munz (guest)  

Re: Does my itinerary look okay? 2017/6/19 21:11
I'm mainly interested scenic places

For me, your itinerary seems to be "city-oriented". Don't you want to see mountains like the Alpine route or Kamikochi? How about Shirakawago and Takayama? These are very scenic places.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Does my itinerary look okay? 2017/6/19 21:30
Yeah I should've mentioned I'm also very interested in Tokyo and Kyoto themselves.
I did want to go to Takayama but I feel like my itinerary would be too fast paced if I included it+ I chose to overnight at Hakone instead, which also seems beautiful
by Munz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does my itinerary look okay? 2017/6/20 06:27
Having travelled most of the route myself I think the trip looks good but rushed towards the end. Especially going back to Tokyo from Miyajima will be a very long train ride, maybe better to fly back from Kansai or Fukuoka?

Not sure if there is a good train connection from Hakone to Kyoto but if not would consider making hakone a day trip from Tokyo.

Furthermore I'd stay at least one or two nights in Osaka as well and do the Nara day trip from there. In the evening Osaka is a nice place with lots of great food places.
by WJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does my itinerary look okay? 2017/6/20 07:10
Yup just that last Miyajima to Tokyo bit is rushed. Meaning you have to leaving Miyajima quite early in the day. You'll have around 7 hours of travel that day.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread