Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Move to Japan 2017/6/21 00:54
I will move to Japan in the next months, but I have many doubts about this. How to move all my staffs, clothes etc...? I think 2 baggages in the plane are not enough (I am considering to add 1 or 2 baggages at the moment I will buy the ticket, is this a stupid idea?). And should I tranfer all the money I have in my bank account in the new japanese account? Or transfer like 70%-30%?
There are so many things to think about, so for any suggestion or experience I will be grateful.
by Moyer (guest)  

Re: Move to Japan 2017/6/21 10:10
It would help to know whether your moving temporarily and for how long, or permanently. The approach might be different for each case.

However, I would always recommend to go lean on the baggage. Bring only what you think it's truly needed, then most other things you can get here anyway.
by gachimuchi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Move to Japan 2017/6/21 10:40
Are you really "moving," or just traveling extensively? If you mean somewhat long-term, do you have your visa issue sorted out? Any employer or school program?

About baggage, most airlines would charge you extra for bringing in more than the baggage allowance, so you should be careful. It sounds like you are still outside Japan, but do you already have a bank account in Japan?
by ........ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Move to Japan 2017/6/21 11:09
you need to give full details then people can answer your question properly.
are you moving for WORK or for further studies ETC?
how long is your visa?
which city are you moving to?
then we can know the minimum and maximum amount need to cover your expenses .

by chike20 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread