Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Echigo Kenshin Sake Matsuri - One day or Two? 2017/6/21 11:24
I was wondering if anyone has been to the Echigo Kenshin sake festival in Joetsu in Niigata Prefecture in October. If so, would you recommend one day or two at this festival? I have been to the Saijo Sake Matsuri in Hiroshima Prefecture and that needed two days because I like to do the brewery tours as well as the hiroba. This festival I am not so sure about as I don't know what all is offered. Things were booking up quickly a month ago, so I went ahead and booked two nights in case, but I am debating on canceling the second night. Thank you for your help!
by Mara Skywalker  

Re: Echigo Kenshin Sake Matsuri - One day or Two? 2017/7/13 03:17
Dear Mara,

I will be there for the first time as well and plan to go there on the first day. We have booked one night in Takada. A leaflet with a map of 2016's festival is still available online (have not yet found it for 2017's edition though). The festival area didn't look too extensive. If you just want to get there for the festival and do not want to enjoy the nature round Mt. Myoko, one day would probably be enough. But the nature there would well reward a second night. Just my two cent on a brewery tour: In Niigata, the breweries are much more widespread and not as easily accessible by public transport. You can't compare that to Saijo. As far as I could see on the Niigata sakagura map, the only brewery that is really within easy reach (I mean walking distance) from the festival area is Musashino Shuzo. They were present at last year's festival.

Kind regards
Klaus
by Klaus (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Echigo Kenshin Sake Matsuri - One day or Two? 2017/7/13 03:54
Sounds great! Do you have some links, please (sorry I can't help you)?
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread