Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help to learn more about Japan? 2017/6/24 01:45
Hi! I am planning a trip to Japan. But before I travel I want to learn more about the culture and learn a bit Japanese. Not sure if this is the right forum but I give It a try.... :)
I was recently in Korea and the fact that ppl didn't speak English made it hard for me to find my way....I ended up lost few times a day. Would live to avoid that I Japan if possible :)
by Nila76  

Re: Help to learn more about Japan? 2017/6/24 09:47
Google is a great place to start.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help to learn more about Japan? 2017/6/24 14:29
Gotta be more specific.
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: Help to learn more about Japan? 2017/6/24 14:57
Few people that you approach for directions will speak English in Japan and although I can recommend that you pick up a few phrases of Japanese, it is not going to help you a lot :-)
As for getting lost and finding your way, I found that renting a PocketWifi and using Google Maps on my phone solved that problem for me.

As for learning more about Japan, there are a lot of resources available on Wikipedia and blogs. There are a few basic mistakes to avoid, for example about the use of shoes and toilet slippers, etc. Read up on that and you'll have a great time.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help to learn more about Japan? 2017/6/24 17:10
by pirataurbano rate this post as useful

Re: Help to learn more about Japan? 2017/6/24 17:27
Thank you!
by Nila76 rate this post as useful

Re: Help to learn more about Japan? 2017/6/24 23:04
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Help to learn more about Japan? 2017/6/25 01:51
There are plenty of apps on android and IOS for you to pickup the basic Japanese.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Help to learn more about Japan? 2017/6/25 01:58
Thank you guys! Gonna check all of this up! :)
by Nila76 rate this post as useful

Re: Help to learn more about Japan? 2017/6/26 22:15
I took a semester of Japanese at my local community college. The textbook we used is recommended for self-study: "Japanese for Busy People." There's a CD included and an app you can download.
by SkipperL (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread