Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Itinerary and rail pass 2017/6/24 05:47
Hello!

My husband and I are traveling to Japan soon and I have an itinerary and just wanted feedback on if it sounds ok. We'll be in Japan for two weeks and only really exploring Tokyo and Kyoto.

Day 1 Arrive. We're staying in Shinjuku

Day 2-5 Explore Tokyo. We'll be exploring Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku, Meiji shrine, Akihabara, Cafes, Asakusa, Ikebukuro, Odaiba, and other places.

Day 6,7 Willer Mt. Fuji Tour. We leave from Shinjuku station and climb the mountain

Day 8 Stay in an onsen. We were thinking Takaragawa onsen. Good relaxation after Mt. Fuji Tour

Day 9-11 Visit Kyoto. I'm thinking we'll move to Kyoto and stay for a few days. Not sure how long. We will visit Arashiyama, kiyomizudera temple, Fushimi inari shrine, Gion, maybe Nara. Maybe get another onsen in.

Day 12-14. Move back to Tokyo. Finish the rest of our stay and leave on the 14th day.

Do you guys think I'll need the JR rail pass? I'm thinking not.
Does this itinerary look doable? I know there will be a lot of coming and going.

Thank you for your replies.
by Brittany (guest)  

Re: Japan Itinerary and rail pass 2017/6/24 09:48
No need for rail pass
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Itinerary and rail pass 2017/6/24 17:18
You will not need a rail pass ..... and when you are in Kyoto, take a train and go to Uji, you will not regret knowing the city that has the best green tea in Japan
by pirataurbano rate this post as useful

reply to this thread