Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lake Kawaguchiko 1-3 August? 2017/6/25 22:36
Hi,

I am travelling to Lake Kawaguchiko from 1-3 August 2017.

1. Are there any special events during these dates?
2. Do you think I will be able to see the Mt Fuji and some of the lavender fields at this time?
3. Are the onsen only hot water baths? As it will be summer, is it also enjoyable as well? I am planning to stay in a ryokan.
4. Is it worth to visit Kubota Itchiku Art Museum?

I am a little nervous as I read everywhere that the best time to go in this area is in colder seaons.

Thanks for help!

by jackyloga  

Re: Lake Kawaguchiko 1-3 August? 2017/6/26 14:10
Looks like there are matsuri (festivals) near Lake Kawaguchiko on 8/2 and 8/3. I cannot open the English site on my computer, but you may have a better luck. See below link. These festivals are held at a smaller lake adjacent to Lake Kawaguchiko.
https://www.fujisan.ne.jp/event/#
by TKG (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lake Kawaguchiko 1-3 August? 2017/6/26 17:25
1. Technically there are no events in Kawaguchiko during the time but if you take a short bus ride from Kawaguchiko, then there are summer festivals in Saiko on 2nd and in Motosuko on 3rd. There'll be lots of food stalls and fireworks and I'm expecting it's going to be crowed with lots of people! But worth visiting! For your information, there's a huge festival in kawaguchiko on 4th!
2. As long as the weather is clear you should be able to see Mt. Fuji! Usually summer season here is sunny and not rainy that much!
As for the lavender fields, this event will be ended by the time you visit. So I think there's few possibility you can see them:(
3. Usually most onsen have cold water bath place. I personally don't like it because it's too cold for me lol but some people like it. Maybe onsen might be a bit hot in summer but why don't you just give it a shot! You'll be able to experience Japanese style bath :)
4. Im afraid to say that I've never visited there. But seems like this museum got 3 starts with Michelin guide!

I hope these information will help you!
by Fuka12 rate this post as useful

Re: Lake Kawaguchiko 1-3 August? 2017/6/26 19:01
If you like textiles, and especially kimono, then the Kubota museum is definitely worth a visit.
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread