Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Questions on Kansai Thru Pass Use 2017/6/26 15:19
My family - 2 adults and 2 teens of 14 years and 17 years -will be in Kansai area for 10 days - most probably mainly in Kyoto (3-4 days), Kobe (1-2 days) and Osaka((4-6 days).

Can we use Kansai Thru Pass to travel from KIX to Kyoto and then Osaka to KIX? Is Limited Express Haruka covered by the pass?

If we are only residing in the 3 cities mentioned, do you think we should get the pass? I am still pondering if we should base ourselves in Osaka and make multiple day to Kyoto and Kobe or should we divide our accommodation between Kyoto and Osaka. Will this decision affect the choice of the pass?

If we choose to base in Osaka, probably we would need more than 3 days of the pass? If so, can we purchase multiple 3-day Kansai Thru Pass to last us through the period?

Look forward to your advice.

Regards
Karen
by kcheng  

Re: Questions on Kansai Thru Pass Use 2017/6/26 17:11
http://www.surutto.com/tickets/kansai_thru_english.html

Yes you can get to all those places using a Kansai Thru Pass. But it is for non JR lines and buses. So the Haruka is not covered.

But you can use the Nankai Line from KIX to Namba, then transfer to other covered options.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Questions on Kansai Thru Pass Use 2017/7/4 18:10
Can we buy multiple of 3-day Kansai Thru Pass per person to last us through a period of 10 days?
by kcheng rate this post as useful

Re: Questions on Kansai Thru Pass Use 2017/7/4 18:32
I cannot answer your actual question.

But I would question whether you needs 3x 3 day passes for a total of 9 days.

A 3 day pass per day is 1733 yen. I'm doubtful you would use that much per day for 9 days.

Only if you are traveling to one of either Himeji, Wakayama and Koyasan at least once in a 3 day period do the passes actually pay themselves off.

For example, Umeda to Arashiyama is 400 yen. Add 120 yen is uding subway from somewhere within Osaka to get to Umeda.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Questions on Kansai Thru Pass Use 2017/7/5 03:35
I am not sure covering your stay with Kansai Thru Passes is very cost effective. There are other passes. The two day Osaka Amazing Pass for 3000 yen, for instance, not only covers subways, busses, and the new tram, but it also includes free admission to Osaka Castle and the Umeda Sky Building. The average daily cost for a Kansai Thru Pass is 1733 yen/day, and does not cover admission.

For a day in Kyoto, the 500 yen bus pass is a great deal.

On the first and last day, your only transportation may be to the airport, and the cost for a airport bus is usually less than the daily cost for the KTP.

Here is a link to many of the other passes that are available:
http://www.osaka-info.jp/en/plan/practical_information/travel_passes/

Good Luck, with your planning.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Questions on Kansai Thru Pass Use 2017/7/5 04:50
Just back from Osaka. Osaka amazing pass was very good valde. We bought 2days pass and did 5 sightseeing / expirience each day. Both onsen that imcluded in pass was very good. Santa Maria cruising also good. River crusing to short.
We used Icoca everywhere, very easy to use. Icoca + Haruka is good package for going to Kix.
by Ekaterina71 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread