Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

housing options for freshmen at FLA, SOPHIA 2017/6/29 19:32
I just got accepted to SOPHIA FLA, Im now looking at the housing options. Is anyone familiar with how things are at SOSHIGAYA?
or any other alternatives..
by amolymathur (guest)  

Re: housing options for freshmen at FLA, SOPHIA 2017/6/30 10:52
Not sure of the place you mention, but back in my days I lived for a short while in DK House Warabi, close to Nishi-Kawaguchi station. Except for the fact that it's too far from the school and the rest of the fun in central Tokyo (and a bit expensive at around 7 man a month), I can fully recommend it. Lots of sophia exchange students also stay there, so you get the chance to make lots of friends.

However, if you're staying long term here (at least 2 years), for 7 man you might find very decent apartments closer to central tokyo with a better commute time. but be prepared to pay upfront first month rent, deposit, key-money, your own furnishing, etc. And you need to search at fudosan's here and speak japanese to negotiate. Still better than paying for those cramped, old and overpriced apartments from agencies targeted to foreigners.
by gachimuchi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread