Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How does yen work? 2017/6/30 09:57
I really want to visit Japan, and possibly think about moving there. But I have no clue how yen works. What is a lot of yen?
by Demishev  

Re: How does yen work? 2017/6/30 10:20
What's a lot of dollars?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: How does yen work? 2017/6/30 11:02
maybe more to the point, as you can buy about the same with 100 yen in Japan as you can with a dollar in Australia (some things are cheaper, some more expensive), if you think that say $10,000 can buy you a lot of stuff, then you would probably have to spend 1,000,000 yen in Japan to get approximately the same stuff. The easy way to work it out is just to move the decimal point two places and then see if the cost is fair in dollars.

As an example, most taxi rides for shortish distances end up being 1040 yen. Which I think of as $10.40.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How does yen work? 2017/6/30 11:29
Coming from the US, and at the current exchange rate of about US$1=111Yen, I find things are generally cheaper in Japan. For quick and rough conversion, think of 1 Yen as 1 cent.
by DB (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How does yen work? 2017/6/30 16:19
Yen is the currency of Japan. You exchange is for goods and services. It works the same as any other currency around the globe.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How does yen work? 2017/6/30 18:37
Yen works just like dollars. Do you know how dollars work?
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: How does yen work? 2017/7/1 11:16
Thank you. ( ^ƒÖ^ )
by Demishev rate this post as useful

Re: How does yen work? 2017/7/1 14:55
I don't think you can live in Japan. You should first study more
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: How does yen work? 2017/7/1 17:35
The OP is 13 - has a lot to learn about the world (let alone Japan).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: How does yen work? 2017/7/1 17:40
well I'm sure that everyone has convinced the OP not to ask a genuine question again. I'm sure we are all proud of ourselves for that.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread