Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone on September 16th? 2017/7/5 09:10
I'm considering visiting Hakone on Saturday, September 16th. I'm wonder if that's a bad idea and if it will be very busy due to being a holiday weekend?
by AdamJT  

Re: Hakone on September 16th? 2017/7/5 14:34
We went on sunday the 19 of June and it was so overcrouded! I was dissapointed. Maybe better on weekday.
by Ekaterina71 rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone on September 16th? 2017/7/5 17:19
If you had any other date available, I would try to go on a weekday.
by ........ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone on September 16th? 2017/7/5 22:33
Try to go in the winter months between November and March: a higher probability you'll have clear skies and can see Mt Fuji, and in November you can see the kouyou. September can be cloudy and rainy.
by Linus Van Marsenille (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone on September 16th? 2017/7/10 08:59
A visit to Hakone would be fine in September. But to avoid the crowds, take the suggested route in the OPPOSITE direction. Most people start in Yumoto, take the train and ropeway to the Lake and then bus back down to Yumoto. If you do this in the opposite direction (Yumoto, bus to Lake, etc) it will be much more enjoyable. There are lots of lesser known gems in the area too!
by www.entaro.co (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone on September 16th? 2017/7/10 09:00
Unfortunately this trip we're stuck with September. Last time we were in the area was April and it wasn't too bad. I'm guessing September will be rainier and more hazy. We may skip Hakone this time.
by AdamJT rate this post as useful

reply to this thread