Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travelling to Japan for the first time 2017/7/7 14:28
Hai..This is my first time travelling to Japan and i really need some advice on which city that i have to travel first in order to save time dan money..i been told that these few city such as tokyo..kyoto..osaka..hakone ( mt fuji )..shirakawago..is a must go city..and since my boss only give me 7 days leave..can anyone please give me a example of intinery on which city to go first n which city be the last? Thank u very much.
by novi (guest)  

Re: Travelling to Japan for the first time 2017/7/7 20:19
What is the specific date?
What is the time difference? (Which country?)

Unless there is an option for airs in the early morning arr or late night dep,
the place where you can go bc there is a whole day difference is limited.

The fastest traveling time and cost can be searched by "Google MAP",
but some ingenuity is necessary to save traveling expenses.

E to W, NRT or HND(Tokyo) in and KIX(Osaka) out, or vice versa.
This does not cover Hakone, but I do not know if it fits your budget.
http://hokuriku-arch-pass.com/en/
by Emihr (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling to Japan for the first time 2017/7/7 20:56
7 days is not a lot but it's worth more in Japan than perhaps anywhere else because of the smooth travel logistics. I would not recommend leaving the main island (Honshu) but aim for the Golden Triangle of Tokyo-Kanazawa-Kyoto. You can easily do those in 7 days and still get all the variety Japan offers. Around Kanazawa there are also amazing places within easy reach for a short visit, like Shirakawa-go. Definitely, book a rail pass to save money.

Some free sample itineraries you can download here: http://www.mandarinjourneys.com/japan/#pane-14
by Marc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling to Japan for the first time 2017/7/8 01:24
For the first-time travel to Japan, I recommend to keep things simple. You definitely cannot visit all the places you mentioned in a week. Tokyo and Kyoto are considered musts, so I would stay in those 2 places (and do a side-trip from there to nearby places, if interested).

For example, stay 4 days in Tokyo (and one of those days can be a day-trip to Mt Fuji (Kawaguchiko)), and the rest in Kyoto (from where you can do a day-trip to Nara).

by DBCC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling to Japan for the first time 2017/7/8 03:44
It depends on your arrival date and which country your coming from for your 7 days....

It could be:

1 - Depart your country
2 - Arrival Japan afternoon or late
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 - Depart Japan

or if your closer to Japan

1 - Depart your country and arrival Japan evening
7 - Depart Japan

So the time is pretty limited.

I would just focus on Tokyo and Kyoto/Osaka for the first time.

Hope this helps!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling to Japan for the first time 2017/7/8 06:30
If you want to save time and money, then it might be a good idea to pick only one of the major areas. Because travel time and cost between cities can add up, especially if you have multiple people in your party. I would choose either Kyoto or Tokyo. Both have multiple neighboring large cities and easy day trips to smaller cities with historic or scenic value.

by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread