Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Body hair (especially on rump) in onsen? 2017/7/12 13:36
So I've seen the question about men with body hair in onsen before. I'm moderately hairy on my chest/stomach/arms/legs/lower back. But I seem to be especially...fluffy on my butt.

From what I've gathered, I really shouldn't do anything about those other areas, right? But it's the rear that I'm wondering about especially, since it would look weird to trim or shave it without doing something to the rest of my body, but it also could be awkward to have it hairy around others.

So...what's a guy to do?
by HairyDerriere (guest)  

Re: Body hair (especially on rump) in onsen? 2017/7/12 16:33
If you go to onsen you will not be the only hairy person there.

So just enjoy the onsen.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Body hair (especially on rump) in onsen? 2017/7/12 19:53
You can buy a set of clippers and trim the hair to a manageable level so that you don't look like bigfoot.
by BryanAC rate this post as useful

Re: Body hair (especially on rump) in onsen? 2017/7/14 20:39
Just follow normal onsen etiquette & you will be fine. I'm fairly hirsute myself & you do get a few odd looks but that is more to do with being foreign
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Body hair (especially on rump) in onsen? 2017/7/16 03:48
Thanks, everyone. I know it'll end up not being a big deal, but between this, my Western views toward nudity, and my lack of knowledge/experience with onsen, it's just kinda overwhelming at the moment.
by HairyDerriere (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread