Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

World Heritage Ticket - price inconstancy 2017/7/15 15:57
Hi there,

I'm planning to visit Koyasan at Dec. 18th with a friend. Now I'm little confused about the prices for the "Koyasan world heritage pass" I get through the Internet.
On Japan-Guide, you tell me that a regular ticket (without ltd. exp. additional fee) costs 2,860 yen and the ticket with ltd.exp. fee costs 3,400 yen. (Source: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_012.html)
That's the same price I'll get on http://www.nankaikoya.jp/en/stations/ticket.html (is this an official Nankai page?) - but it is not very precise because, there is nothing written about the price without the additional limited express surcharge.
Okay, so I researched more on the net, and I found the page http://www.howto-osaka.com/en/ticket/ticket/koyasan.html (It seems to me another official Nankai page) - there they want to charge you 2,860 Yen, a bargain of 17% to the fee of original price (I assume the 3,400 Yen), if you order through internet and pick up your already paid ticket at the Namba ticket counter.
BUT: If I click on "buy ticket" and on the next page on "show detals", it shows that the ticket is only for the regular trains, but not for the ltd. express trains. So... if I compare the regular price on japan-guide 2,860 Yen to the super special internet bargain on the official page which is also 2,860 Yen, but I have to order it through internet - it seems not a special bargain but only the regular price but I have to pay in advance, I bound myself to a specific day and have no benefits. Why should I do that? Or did I got anything wrong?
by paradoQs (guest)  

Re: World Heritage Ticket - price inconstancy 2017/7/15 17:26
2860 is the version with no limited express.

3400 is the version with limited express. note this only includes a limited express train one direction. if you want to travel by limited express both directions, you will need to pay more.

I would go to the rail companies website and not third party websites for up to date information.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: World Heritage Ticket - price inconstancy 2017/7/15 17:30
Sorry, also the English version of websites also omit some information for whatever reasons that may be.

Re: Koyasan World Heritage Ticket 2017/7/15 18:29
There is no inconsistency like what you say here....

Your assumption about the 17 percent discount is simply not correct.
(A discount on 3,400 yen to 2,860 yen is about 16 percent, not about 17 percent.)

The 2,860 yen ticket does not cover a Nankai Limited Express surcharge.
The total price of the normal fees covered by the 2,860 yen ticket is 3,440 yen.
This normal price is mentioned clearly on the order webpage.
http://www1.nanka-e-tabi.com/NEREN/ItemDetail.aspx?tc=IB4AOSKOYNAM&sk=...
(A discount on 3,440 yen to 2,860 yen is about 17 percent.)

And..., you now think as if this 17 percent discount were given only when you order this ticket through the Internet.
There is no such description in the explanation of the 2,860 yen ticket on the How-to-Osaka webpage.
It shows that you can order this ticket through the Internet, not that you should.

The fact that this discount ticket is available at sales windows of major Nankai stations is not explained on the How-to-Osaka webpage, but it is described around the top of the Nankai-Koya webpage.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

World Heritage Ticket - price inconstancy 2017/7/15 18:43
I Firstly recommend you to buy Surutto Kansai pass or,Kansai Thru Pass 3 Day cost=5200‰~ Unlimited use of Non JR ,bus and subway ride in whole of Kansai region including Mt Koyasan .So 1 Day cost=1733‰~.
Every year Thousands of people Buy this pass,If not Millions(including Foreigners and Japanese residents)
by Ron (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: World Heritage Ticket - price inconstancy 2017/7/16 08:41
including Foreigners and Japanese residents

As of this spring, the ticket is not available to residents of Japan anymore (unless they accompany a foreign tourist).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: World Heritage Ticket - price inconstancy 2017/7/17 16:47
okay, thanks for the answers ;-)
by paradoQs (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: World Heritage Ticket - price inconstancy 2017/7/17 18:03
The 3 day Kansai Thru Pass costs 2000 yen more than the Koyasan Heritage Ticket. Unless you are traveling to Himeji or Kurama from Osaka on the third day. It isn't worth it and would be poorly advised to do so.

reply to this thread