Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

himeji (via imited super inaba) tottori? 2017/7/19 23:13
can i use the limited express super inaba for free to travel from himeji to tottori?
by Aries (guest)  

Re: himeji (via imited super inaba) tottori? 2017/7/20 10:53
Nothing is free unless if you have a JR Pass, in which case your ride is covered by it.
by I Yuko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: himeji (via imited super inaba) tottori? 2017/7/20 13:37
sorry, in my original note, i put FREE of you have a kansai wide pass...
by Aries (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: himeji (via imited super inaba) tottori? 2017/7/20 13:52
sorry, in my original note, i put FREE of you have a kansai wide pass...

It seems the pass gives you access to Tottori via Kyoto, but not via Himeji.
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling from Himeji to Tottori by railway 2017/7/20 15:53
A Japan Rail Pass does not fully cover your ride of Limited Express Super Inaba / Super Hakuto from Okayama / Himeji to Tottori, because it is not valid for the Chizu Express section (Kamigori -- Chizu) on the way.
(Super Inaba does not run via Himeji Station.)

A JR-West Kansai WIDE Area Pass is not valid on the Super Hakuto access from Himeji to Tottori, neither for the Chizu Express section (Kamigori -- Chizu) nor for the northern JR section (Chizu -- Tottori); it can cover your ride only until Kamigori Station.
https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/kansai_wide/

When you plan to head to Tottori in the night,
you can use this Kansai WIDE Area Pass to travel on Limited Express Hamakaze 5 (without seat reservation),
which is to depart at 19:21 from Himeji Station and arrive at 22:25 to Tottori Station.
This train goes by the JR Bantan Line from Himeji via Takeda (skipped) to Wadayama then by the JR Sanfin Line via Toyooka and Kinosakionsen to Tottori.
(For the section between Kinosakionsen and Tottori, trains are only very infrequently available, which may make your itinerary inflexible time-wise; actually the other two northbound Hamakaze trains do not go far as to Tottori.)

Super Inaba and Super Hakuto go through the non-JR section of Chizu Express (Kamigori -- Chizu).
For this section, a Japan Rail Pass or JR-West Kansai WIDE Area Pass traveler should pay in addition 1820 yen | 1720 yen when a seat is reserved | not reserved (= 1300 yen as a basic fare + 520 yen | 420 yen as a Limited Express surcharge).

The following passes can be used for the Chizu Express section.

- JR-West San'in-Okayama Area Pass
https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/sanin_okayama/
: This pass is not valid for the JR section Himeji -- Kamigori.
: When a seat is reserved in a Limited Express Super Inaba or Super Hakuto train, you should pay in addition Limited Express surcharge(s) of (JR-West and) Chizu Express.

- JR-West Sanyo-San'in Area Pass
https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/sanyo_sanin/
: This pass is valid on the entire route each of Super Inaba and Super Hakuto.
: This pass allows its holder to use reserved seats in these trains.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread