Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visiting South Korea at the same trip? 2017/7/21 20:30
Bare with me guys...

I'm planning a trip to Tokyo and I'd like to visit South Korea too, but I couldn't find any convenient flight "sets" online, so do you think I should just book a ticket from my home to Tokyo and back, and then separately buy a ticket from Tokyo to Seoul and back...?

Here's the catch though... I found that the cheapest and easiest way to visit Seoul would be to hop on the plane to Seoul right after I arrive in Tokyo...?! So I would make it a connecting flight without the airlines knowing...?
That way I didn't have to mess with the Japan customs yet(?) and I could do all that jazz after I've been a couple days in Seoul and come back to Tokyo for about 2 weeks...?

You know...?
by 質問MAN (guest)  

Re: Visiting South Korea at the same trip? 2017/7/22 11:32
Hi. From Australia I found it cheaper to fly Jetstar business class to Japan and then take an ANA flight to Incheon than it would have been to fly direct. So we went and stayed in Japan for a week, then went to Seoul for a week, then flew back to Osaka for a night then came back to Oz. It was a bit of stuffing around but Incheon airport is very quick to get through, and the flights were only about $200 per person each way for the 2 hour trip.

South Korea is a lot different to Japan to visit, but the food is stellar and the accomodation cheap.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting South Korea at the same trip? 2017/7/22 15:34
A couple of months ago we went on a multi-destination trip: to Tokyo and then from Fukuoka to incheon airport near Seoul and from there back home. Check your travel booking sites.
by WJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting South Korea at the same trip? 2017/7/22 19:12
http://www.flypeach.com/pc/en
But I could not buy online, only in Japan !! This was in April last year .... and when I was in Japan there was no passage for the day that I wanted ....
You can also go with the ship (ferry)
https://www.aferry.com/ferries-to-japan.htm
by pirataurbano rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting South Korea at the same trip? 2017/7/22 20:16
We did it a few years ago, from the uk, flying with Korean air.
London to Seoul, few days in Seoul, then fly Seoul to Okayama, holiday in Japan, fly out of Fukuoka, change planes in Seoul quickly and then back to London.
All flights with Korean air. Worked perfectly. Korean Air fly to/from Seoul to loads of regional airports in Japan which means that you can fly into one place and out of another.
The other way is via ferry between Korea and Kyushu.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting South Korea at the same trip? 2017/7/22 20:37
Ok, I see!
Thank you so far!
by 質問MAN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting South Korea at the same trip? 2017/7/22 21:14
I though about this, it was sort of planned, but I changed my schdule, you can book peach airline from you home country, tokyo to seoul return, and the last time I checked it was about 10000 yen and returning back to tokyo in 3 days, but i prefer to fly into korea then to tokyo, then back home, or tokyo first. If this is your first trip to either tokyo or korea, it's best to split them in to 2 different trips unless you are going spend at least 2 weeks.

If i remember peach is from osaka to seoul, so you have to make your back to tokyo.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting South Korea at the same trip? 2017/7/23 01:30
Why not just book a multi-destination ticket from your home country instead?

Example: from your home fly into Seoul and then fly home from Tokyo. Then all you need is a single one-way ticket from Seoul to Tokyo.

OR from your home fly into Tokyo and then home from Seoul. Then all you need is a one-way ticket from Tokyo to Seoul.
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting South Korea at the same trip? 2017/7/23 05:02
Heyy that sounds like a good idea! Thank you so much!
by 質問MAN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting South Korea at the same trip? 2017/8/10 04:22
Try to use the service https://www.iflyfirstclass.com/city/to-seoul-icn a convenient way to order tickets online. The manager can help you and find a way to optimally choose a route that will satisfy all the requirements and requests. Quite low prices are also a huge advantage, take a look, hopefully, this helps to solve your problem.
by JohnSmith75 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread