Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gift for my Japanese friend's family 2017/7/24 19:08
I am an high school exchange student in Japan and my friend from school invited my over to her house to eat takoyaki with her family. What kind of gift should I bring with me? I suppose that food will work nice, but what kind od food?
Thank you :)
by Julia (guest)  

Re: Gift for my Japanese friend's family 2017/7/25 10:32
Anything is fine, it's the gesture that counts. Follow your heart.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Gift for my Japanese friend's family 2017/7/25 10:41
I would not expect an exchange high school student to bring anything. But I am sure your thoughts will be appreciated, so just ask if you can help by bringing something to the party.
by Naomi 0 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gift for my Japanese friend's family 2017/7/25 22:06
Are you living with host parents? Have you discussed it with them? Typically, parents make their teenage or younger children bring along a gift if the child is invited for a meal. What I mean is that a parent might say, "Take this for your friend's family." or "Here is 300 yen. Buy something with this at the combini and take it to your friend's parents."

But takoyaki is some simple snack, so you can just go without a gift and then invite your friend back on another occasion.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Gift for my Japanese friend's family 2017/7/27 18:11
You can donate a box of cake but need to be wrapped carefully and beautifully
by WalterBoyd rate this post as useful

reply to this thread