Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese spend $100 on hair each month? 2017/7/28 16:08
4000 yen for haircut. 1500yen for hairstyling with wax etc. 1100yen for just drying your hair.

almost 7000yen or more. so if you went for haircut every month, you'll need to spend 7000~10000yen
per 1 single haircut or maybe 2 without hair styling and going back home with hair all over your neck.

1000yen are for simple haircut for old men and 2000yen was kinda acceptable is what I've read.

minimum starts from 3000yen which are not for old men.

Do most Japanese just cut their own hair ? Not to mention men use hair wax, etc and spend lot of time
to style their hair.
by rolandex  

Re: Japanese spend $100 on hair each month? 2017/7/28 18:12
I am pretty sure that the average in Japan is far away from 100 USD on haircuts. However if you want to you can obviously spend that and more.
At least looking around in Tokyo there are lots of hairdresser. But obviously there are also many millions of people.

If you are concerned about what it will cost YOU to get your hair cut, I would say that prices in Tokyo are not very different from prices in Europe. No idea about the US. And it is still up to you if you go for extensions, coloring and the like or just a hair cut.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese spend $100 on hair each month? 2017/7/28 23:59
I belong to the following 26% group, and I spend once in two months which is frequent compared to my girlfriends who have longer hair. I see quite a few customers in those 1000-yen-cut shops too.

https://woman.mynavi.jp/article/141108-32/
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese spend $100 on hair each month? 2017/7/29 02:54
For men, a regular haircut can vary from 1000 to 2000 yen (just for the cut, no washing etc.).
One time in Nara, I came across a barber shop that was advertising 500 yen for a buz cut.

by San Patsu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese spend $100 on hair each month? 2017/7/29 05:54
1-2 months once for haircut with shaving and shampoo, simple service at chain barber cmst me 1,620yen. Customer ranges from young to old, and they do do some stylish haircut.

Depends on how particular you are with your hair and care. Go to a hair salon expect to pay extra.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese spend $100 on hair each month? 2017/7/29 12:01
I forgot to mention that I am a woman who has been attending a sophisticated hair salon, yet not one of those that do shows featuring famous hair stylists. I've been to some of the famous ones and they turn my hair into a shiny piece of artwork, but once I wash it at home they're all the same.

A quick official website check tells me that Vidal Sassoon London charge at least 75 pounds per hair cut (including consultation, shampoo massage, conditioner and finish), and a simple blow-dry is 35 pounds, so that's much more than what average people are spending in Japan, according to the link I previously posted.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese spend $100 on hair each month? 2017/7/29 14:29
I (Japanese woman) spend about 10,000 yen at the hairdresser every 2 months or so (washing, haircut, hair treatment, styling).
My husband spends about 3,000 yen at his regular barber every 1.5 months or so.

I know a Japanese guy who used to spend something far above the number I mentioned every month at a high-end hair salon in central Tokyo in his 30s or so (probably not any more), and another guy comes to mind right off who would only go to the 1,000 yen haircut barber. It really depends.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese spend $100 on hair each month? 2017/7/30 07:30
I would not class myself as an old man, but my semi-regular 1000 yen cuts are fine - as good as the 3000 yen cut I got last year.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese spend $100 on hair each month? 2017/7/31 14:48
Really appreciate your answers. Thanks
by rolandex rate this post as useful

reply to this thread