Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 24

1 2
next

What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/7/30 02:05
Just one!

Mine is Lake Tazawa in Akita. Yeah, yeah, I know, there's badically nothing to do/see; the boat cruise, Tatsuko statue, Gozanoishi shrine, and that's it. But there's an atmosphere there that I find incredibly relaxing and have not found anywhere else so far; certainly not in Lake Towada, which I found very touristy. In fact when I took my mother there earlier this month she said "I feel like in heaven".

There are a couple more things to do nearby too: Kakunodate (especially during the cherry blossom season), Nyuto Onsen (especially in winter), and the gorgeous Akita Nairiku train line.
by Firas  

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/7/30 14:40
Susoaidaira in Daisetsuzan National Park:
https://www.google.co.jp/maps/@43.6833513,142.842037,3485m
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/7/30 14:47
Forgot to mention also Obonai Park, a short walk from Tazawako station across a very pretty town.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/7/30 16:18
Teshima Art Museum (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5440.html)

... and at least an other 20... but you asked for one ;-)
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/7/30 17:04
My Kurama in Kyoto. I have already been there more times than I can count but always love it. Do the track from start to finish (it keeps going past the temple) in the snow and you will not regret it.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/7/30 23:41
From pictures i would say Aonomori or Arita, but somehow for me every place in Japan seems awesome , interesting and heaven. I only need to see like 2 trees and think like wow this must be an invegorating place to drink a tea lol. But ofc i like many coutries, but Japan seems to have a lot nice places.
by Kenshiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/7/31 14:20
mine is Tokyo.
by meghayadav045 rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/7/31 15:56
Bessho Onsen
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/7/31 22:20
Toss up between Haimida Beach on Iriomotejima and the Nichinan Coast of Miyazaki:

Haimida is at the end of the road, past a camping ground. We went with a storm brewing in the background, and no one else on the beach. It was full of weird-looking rocks, interesting sea creatures, and a fierce wind whipping off the ocean. I could have lived there, it was breathtaking.

The Nichinan coast was also breathtaking, on a beautiful bright sunny day with the waves crashing and the hibiscus flowers blooming all along the road. We drove all the way down to the Toi Peninsula to see the wild horses, then made our way back up seeing Udo Jingu and Aoshima ending with a summer festival in Miyazaki, with a pitstop in Obi for a home cooked meal by a friend who has a homemade kimchi business. It was one of those blissfully perfect days! (http://www.japan-guide.com/community/scarreddragon/report-2298)

by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/1 01:00
There's the Umisachi Yamasachi traon to go there too. http://www.jrkyushu.co.jp/english/train/umisachiyamasachi.html

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/1 01:32
Setonaikai. I love all the islands that dot the Seto Inland Sea. As a prefecture, then Hiroshima.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/1 02:14
Chichibu and its 24 temple pilgrimage
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/1 02:14
That's 34 temple pilgrimage, of course :-)
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/1 12:04
I feel like I'm spilling the beans, but Shibata.

As comprehensive as it purports to be, Japan Guide lacks coverage on Niigata as a whole, for whatever reason.
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/1 12:15
I suppose it's impossible to list everything... I also liked Yahiko in Niigata.

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/1 13:15
I have a huge soft spot for Uji.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/1 18:11
My home in Kasugai near Nagoya ;)
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/2 21:34
Probably my favourite place in Japan is Sankeien Garden in Yokohama. It's not the most spectacular garden, but I used to live nearby and it was great watching the garden change drastically every couple of weeks with the seasons.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/3 21:18
This is virtually impossible, however it would probably be in Okayama ken. I have a really soft spot for Bitchu Takahashi but that's a bit like saying I like Kyoto. So I would have to go for Korakuen in Okayama itself. I would love to be able to live close enough to have a season ticket.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: What is your one favourite place in Japan? 2017/8/3 22:58
Thats what i wanted to say initially, instead of Japanese has many nice places, i have yet to see a place in Japan that i do not like.
by Kenshiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 24

1 2
next

reply to this thread