Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinkansen from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 2017/7/30 14:34
I understand that this is not the fastest nor the most economical way to get to Kawaguchiko but we don't have any other opportunities to experience the Shinkansen and was wondering if anyone out there could enlighten me on the best way to go about it. I know it does not go the whole distance and are happy to take local trains or buses to get complete the journey. My tiny brain is struggling to work it out and the news feed regarding such info is old and the information may be outdated. We are catching the Highway bus on the return journey (much easier).....Thank you in advance.
by Danielle Stone (guest)  

Re: Shinkansen from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 2017/7/30 14:43
The Shinkansen route to Kawaguchiko is through Mishima, then bus.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 2017/7/30 15:57
What about a day trip to Yokohama? You could take the Shinkansen from Shinagawa to Shin-Yokohama then and then spend the day in Yokohama or just continue on to a destination such as Kamakura.

Taking the shinkansen from Shinagawa to Shin-Yokohama does not make any practical sense, but if it is about having ridden once in your lifetime on Shinkansen, it would seem more sense to combine it with a day trip to Kamakura/Yokohama (or also to Hakone) than to Mt. Fuji.
If you combine it with a trip to Hakone, you could do Shinagawa - Odawara by Shinkansen. It's not the fastest of all Shinkansen, but still Shinkansen and for that distance it might even just slightly make sense to take the Shinkansen.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 2017/7/30 16:55
Doesn't make sense to ride the Shinkansen, then be a 90 minute bus ride in the wrong direction.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread