Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mount takao early november 2017/8/2 22:34
Hello, i plan to visit mount takao on 1st or 2nd november.
1. Is it worth the visit because i understand that koyo season would reach its peak on mid november at mt.takao. im afraid all the leaves would still very green.
2. I plan to reach mount takao around 7-8am and gonna spend hiking half day there using cable cart two ways round and reach shinjuku around 1pm. Is it doable?
Please advise me.
by Ivan (guest)  

Re: Mount takao early november 2017/8/3 18:23
I enjoyed Mt Takao the times I visited, unexpected to have such a nice area still within the boundaries of Tokyo. I liked the temples and shrines at the top and the view from the top. First time I visited I took the cable car up, the second time I walked to the top; it was an easy hike but worth it.

From the train station at Mt Takao it takes over an hour to get to Shinjuku, that would leave you little time on Mt Takao, IMO. Doable, but I would feel rushed.
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mount takao early november 2017/8/3 21:18
Regarding kojo, well it is hard to foresee but there are web pages , just enter something like 紅葉情報 in your search engine that show maps.

If you are at Takao at 8 am you can get the first cable car of the day http://www.takaotozan.co.jp/sp/cable/ so no need to be there at 7 if you want to take the cable car. That gives you 4 b in Takao. If you go on a weekend things might get crowded. I went one year in Silver week and we needed to que for the cable car. Maybe 45 min to go up and maybe 1 b to go down. During the week I would guess it's ok.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Mount takao early november 2017/8/5 02:46
Thank you for the answers.

I plan to go on wednesday, arriving around 8am, and back to takao station around 12pm noon to catch train back to shinjuku.
So i have more or less 4 hours for my journey up and back down. I hope its worth it.
For koyou, does anyone here ever experienced mt.takao on early november?

Thanks
by Ivan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread